For starters my girlfriend and i bought a house in october 2016. We were together for a year and pulled the trigger. So before the ass chewing starts about why so soon, I did it because when you are in love with somebody you do things.

It's now may and after months of fighting and family bull she says she doesn't want a relationship with anybody. She does however want us to be roommates and remain friends. I dont want a room mate and my heart can't take this.

She is currently trying to redo the loan in just her name but chances are she can't afford it and I'm in the same boat after job made pay plan adjustments.

so if anybody has advice please fire away.

thanks

Sell the house. Buying a house with someone you're not married to is a stupid idea. Love doesn't mean you're stupid.

I'm in love with my bf but will not be buying a house with him until we're married. Love is not an excuse to throw logic out the window.

You will have to sell the house since neither one of you can afford it alone. Don't make this mistake again.

Sorry to hear this. Is there someone else? One of you take over the house and get tenants/roommates to cover expenses and the other moves out.

Ask family if they can assist financial with a loan etc. Also consult an attorney and an accountant, they may have tips advice that others don't.

my girlfriend and i bought a house in october 2016. She does however want us to be roommates and remain friends. She is currently trying to redo the loan in just her name but chances are she can't afford it and I'm in the same boat after job made pay plan adjustments.

Depending on the type of loan, there are ways to remove yourself from the mortgage. You should talk to the bank and see, as different loan types have different regulations for the assumption of the loan by one party. It may be simpler than you think. (It also may not, but the first step is to ask.)

Sorry to hear this. Is there someone else? One of you take over the house and get tenants/roommates to cover expenses and the other moves out.

Ask family if they can assist financial with a loan etc. Also consult an attorney and an accountant, they may have tips advice that others don't.

a past bf came back into her life and when things got bad she ran to talk to him instead of me. she claims they are just friends but i'm starting to doubt that. family said no way.

Depending on the type of loan, there are ways to remove yourself from the mortgage. You should talk to the bank and see, as different loan types have different regulations for the assumption of the loan by one party. It may be simpler than you think. (It also may not, but the first step is to ask.)

asked about loan deletion and modification but mortgage company says they don't. only way is to refinance.

Sell the house. Buying a house with someone you're not married to is a stupid idea. Love doesn't mean you're stupid.

I'm in love with my bf but will not be buying a house with him until we're married. Love is not an excuse to throw logic out the window.

You will have to sell the house since neither one of you can afford it alone. Don't make this mistake again.

expensive lesson learned!

asked about loan deletion and modification but mortgage company says they don't. only way is to refinance.

A third party assumption may be an option, as well. Again, depending on the type of loan.

Sorry you're dealing with this, what a headache!

A third party assumption may be an option, as well. Again, depending on the type of loan.

Sorry you're dealing with this, what a headache!

So she realized she can't afford the house and now the ball is in my court. So my gut says sell the house and go separate ways. Would like to see what others think just to reaffirm my thought.

Archived