Does a site exist?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Show me a 50 year old who looks as good as 20 year old. That's not misandry that's my feelings about the ageing process. I make no apologies. If you are upset that I don't like men my own age - tough.

Many. It depends how you define "look good" and it's also the way you wrote it. To you the aging process means you don't look as good. Many would disagree. I disagree for one. And yes a 50 year old can definitely look more attractive than a 20-year old even if you define the aging process as a negative on looks.

I don't give a darn who you want to date -you're entitled to date or not date, you just seem to be complaining even though your musts lists is as extensive as it is. I was pointing out that if you don't like being called a cougar then think about your own negative generalizations about men and what you presume all men are like at a certain age, including their personalities. You seem not to like the presumption that if you want to date a younger man you must be a cougar. But, you're happy to categorize older men as you do. No need to get defensive -perhaps an open-minded consideration about your own negative judgments about all men might work for you. Or not.

Yes. I agree. I see the logic.

I've still witnessed, in social situations, with my own eyes intensely glamorous women in their 50s being passed over for mousy, plain women in their 20s. This is life.

Oh I've seen that many times if the man wants biological children. And besides that of course that happens. Many things like that happen. So? Doesn't make it generally "life" -just individual situations.

Exactly.... "So".

I have a handsome 23 year old pursuing me right now. I'm happy. Is there a problem?

Not at all and have no clue why you would think I would think there was a problem? Nothing to do with what I wrote. Enjoy the pursuit.

Exactly.... "So".

I have a handsome 23 year old pursuing me right now. I'm happy. Is there a problem?

You insist on being argumentative. You insist on fighting.

No one was judging you. Just pointing out some logical fallacies you have. Do you. Do what you want. We were just discussing (at your request... seeing as you posted on a public forum)

Anyhow, moving back to your OP, Ella.

"I know of a few couples where the woman is older and the man is younger and they are happy together but none of the couples met through an online dating site."

These people did not meet via a dating site, so, do you think there are other possible venues to meet the type of person you are seeking.

Gosh I wouldn't know what a patriarchal narrative is! lol. Less so know what bowing down to such a narrative is. I sure know what I like and what I don't though. And since I could walk I've been a very individualistic sort of person, definitely not a go with the flow sort of woman. L.

So, anyhow, do you think there are other (maybe better) venues for you to meet the type of person you seek?

It is frustrating. Now you know how I feel.

For example...

How frustrated I feel that some people just don't understand why I would take offence at the term 'cougar'. "But they're sleek and strong"...

Little things like that. Being told to shut up and know my place...

Now, now, Ella. It was I who said those creatures are "sleek and strong"......a mere statement of fact.

Who told you to shut up and know your place? Here? Or in real life? That would not be a good thing to say to anyone.

Just something else: you mentioned that young(er) men are not so judgmental. Do you mean judgmental about you, or something about you?

Show me a 50 year old who looks as good as 20 year old. That's not misandry that's my feelings about the ageing process. I make no apologies. If you are upset that I don't like men my own age - tough.

In general most people look their best in their 20's and early 30's, but there are exceptions. There's this 52 year old guy at my gym who looks no older than 40, and is ripped. I think he dabbles with steroids though, lol.

Archived