Tips for this date

Broomwood

We didn't have sex, I thought I was clear on this. It is not typical in the English culture to be so affectionate with someone they only mildly like. It is just not so. He doesn't drink, and that evening he was completely sober, and I only had a glass of wine. The degree of affection went from zero on dates 1, 2 to three on date 3, and to ten out of ten on date 4. This is whats' most puzzling.

I know you didn't have sex.

I am recommending you don't have sex until you're sure of your status with him.

Ok, just back from the today's date. It was terrific. Amazing how attracted we both are to each other, how easy and effortless it is with him .. etc etc. I went with an idea not to kiss or anything, but as the date rolled on, and he showed signs of affection, I just could not resist. Pretty quickly we got wrapped in each other like on the previous date, and later on were making out.

He made many suggestions of things we should do: next weekend to look at his caravan, to look together at a book he's just got, to go to a festival together and sleep in tent, he was making plans where to get a tent, and to run a marathon. I said, sure, that'd be fun, let's do! it to pretty much all of these. So I was showing interest. He said that in the beginning he found me completely unpeermeable to him, like a wall.

So let's see if he's going to follow up on any of these, and how soon.

Again, the whole "sleeping together in a tent" sounds like sex is going to be on the table.

If you're on board with sex before the "exclusivity" conversation, then there's no problem. But if you're not I'd recommend making that clear before the trip.

The consummate player wannabe texted this morning. One of the questions if I still want to come to his talk tonight. And the other, if I had fed my carnal desires post our make out last night. Jeez. The main goal is evident, but he still wants do things together - not just sleeping in a tent. I am asking myself whether I should go to his talk, which cuts somewhat into my plans for this eve, but suppose I can go to keep the game going. Re: his other question, is it sensible to engage in this kind of sexting? What are the pros?

It depends what you are looking for. Attention? Hooking up? Because it's clear his goal is hooking up and he'll give you attention to that end. The pros are leading him on or hooking up, since those are the only two options.

if I had fed my carnal desires post our make out last night. is it sensible to engage in this kind of sexting?
The consummate player wannabe texted this morning. One of the questions if I still want to come to his talk tonight. And the other, if I had fed my carnal desires post our make out last night. Jeez. The main goal is evident, but he still wants do things together - not just sleeping in a tent. I am asking myself whether I should go to his talk, which cuts somewhat into my plans for this eve, but suppose I can go to keep the game going. Re: his other question, is it sensible to engage in this kind of sexting? What are the pros?

If you're looking for a casual sex partner then proceed.

If you're looking for a love relationship, look elsewhere.

Men do not start love relationships by sexting.

So guys, thanks very much, great support as always. Below's the consequent dialogue. He's 46 years old, a former jet setter - boating in the South of France with models, driving fancy cars and such. But has calmed down now, and is more modest and genuine. Let's say that he a very desirable bachelor.

Me, "Hey, I had good time with you last night. Thank you. Admittedly, I let it go a bit too far. Se let me be clear - I am not looking for casual sex, or sexting outside of a relationship. I am interested in the talk, but given that we have different goals, perhaps we it's best to leave it"

He, "Oh that's quite some conclusions you got there! I thought this might be the beginning of a relationship"

Do you think there's a shred of authenticity in his lines?

So guys, thanks very much, great support as always. Below's the consequent dialogue. He's 46 years old, a former jet setter - boating in the South of France with models, driving fancy cars and such. But has calmed down now, and is more modest and genuine. Let's say that he a very desirable bachelor.

Me, "Hey, I had good time with you last night. Thank you. Admittedly, I let it go a bit too far. Se let me be clear - I am not looking for casual sex, or sexting outside of a relationship. I am interested in the talk, but given that we have different goals, perhaps we it's best to leave it"

He, "Oh that's quite some conclusions you got there! I thought this might be the beginning of a relationship"

Do you think there's a shred of authenticity in his lines?

Well, he's made it clear he isn't interested in pursuing this further.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I thought I'd provide an update for it's quite hilarious how the situation has played out. Not at all like all but one here has predicted. He ended up showing that he is not dating me for sex, but see if we can have a relationship. So after that date, advice on which I was gathering here, we ended up having three dates in a space of a week. Movie on Monday, Motorshow on Friday, and theatre on Saturday. There was tons of affection and attention from his side until the last date when we went to the theatre. Climate was a bit cooler, and I could not tell why, both seemed preoccupied with other things. He fell asleep at the beginning of the show and slept pretty much through it. It was a bit of a turn off for me. There was nothing special that night said or done, but just it felt cooler between us. In the preceding days we had been talking every day on whatsapp, and he tried to see me more than three times. I had to say no, I am busy. Long story short, after that theatre night we haven't spoken. It's been two days. I texted him today with innocuous, "Hey, how was your ride on Sunday?" But so far he hasn't responded. Usually he's prompt. I wonder why the temperature has dropped so quickly and dramatically. There was nothing to support such a drop. Do you have any views?

PS And no, we didn't have sex.

Archived