Are guys intimidated by tall girls?

Hey eveyone!

Here's a random question. Is a guy intimidated when they meet a tall girl?

I'm just wondering because I am 5' 10" and I often like to wear a pair of nice boots or something which increases my height to around 6'.

I'm just wondering if guys find this threatning.

When I'm out I try to be very approachable to people. But many people seem to think men find me intimidating because of my height.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated (especially from guys!)

Thanks,

~Rigel

In all honesty...avg. guy is around 5'10"...

No one likes to be superficial....but guys...at least all I know and am, have pride....its just part of us. I'm not saying its a turn off b/c I'm not every guy, but most guys have a hard time seeing past the fact that you're taller than him if he's short. You're around my height, so I can't answer that really....like I said tho, I'm not every guy....guys are just shallow when it comes to women.

And at the risk of my answer being deemed politically incorrect and unpopular with other people here, yes I would prefer not to go out with a girl who was taller than me. I guess deep down, yes - it would make me feel less of a man. It would certainly make me feel ackward. And in public I would feel uncomfortable, since I personally I think it is odd when I see a some other guy with a girl in public who is noticeably taller. I am sure I am not the only person on the planet who thinks this way. Well, some of the other answers in this thread indicate that. Luckily, although I am slightly under the average male height [i'm 5 foot 8], I am still taller or at least the same height of the vast majority of women I come accross.

I'd be curious on the other hand as well. What do girls think of going out with guys who are much shorter than them. Not trying to hijack the thread, but both sides would be nice to hear in the context of the original question.

Man, I *WISH* I could find myself a tall girl. Not that I'm very tall or anything I'm only 5'11" but I find it just an incredible turn-on to be eye-to-eye with my partner. I don't want to say that I'm shallow, because really I'm not.... but I've had friends set me up with girls that were like 5'1" or 5'2" and sure they were attractive and yes they were nice but they did absolutely NOTHING for me. I also found it a P.I.T.A. to have to bend down so far for a hug. Some guys love short girl, just not me

I do know this girl that keeps popping in and out of my life (strange set of circumstances) she's 6'6" and we both have this mutual attraction thing going on and there's definite chemistry. If she can ever get her life sorted out and be in the same city as me.... there'd definitely be some magic.

Yeah, I dig taller chicks too

Man, I *WISH* I could find myself a tall girl. Not that I'm very tall or anything I'm only 5'11"

lol It's times like this it hits me that I am of a not-so-tall older generation. I'll take your extra 3 inches anytime Which brings me to another point. Not only are we all getting taller with each generation, but I am speculating as to whether the average height gaps between males and females are closing as well.

link removed

I just thought I'd add in my two cents here as well. I think that most men (myself included) are intimidated by taller women. As Mr. Cactus said, I know it's not PC, but dating a woman taller than me would definatly be awkward. This only applies to women who are taller than me (I'm 6'2") so they have to be pretty tall. You said you were 5'10" and wore boots to put you up around 6'. Personally I don't see that as a problem. It's only the looking up to someone (literally) that I don't like. Maybe it's some sort of male thing, or maybe I'm just a heightist.

i guess opinions are divided. But for me, taller girls are no turn on. you could say i'm average height, about 5' 11 and mm the idea of dating girls taller than me is not appealing. Sure I'll take a girl at most a couple of inches taller than me. Now do I find shorter girls more attractive? Not really... Specially when they are really short, I mean... I'm not big fan of having to bend all the way down, I would simply prefer someone close to my own height, So I can just look straight into those eyes...

Besides, the taller they are.. the more places there are to caress and tease

I'm 5'9" and when I wear heels and even sometimes without, I find a lot of guys are intimidated by me. The deadly combination -- being taller than a guy & smarter than them. One reason why I never got asked out in high school -- being relatively good looking, taller & class valedictorian... In college it's not so bad because there are smarter & taller guys. But I definitely think that guys get intimidated. My ex-boyfriend specifically asked if I would wear flats when clubbing because he felt intimidated. He was also an insecure loser who shortly after got dumped, so I wouldn't take his words too seriously...but there are some guys out there who don't like it. Those are just the guys I don't date though.

• 5 weeks later...

I am 5.11 and a half. I would happily date a girl who is 5.10. 5.11 is ok but only if she is really really really hot or has a kick butt personality. My girls need to be at least an inch shorter. I like having a little sexual control. I like between 5.0 and 5.10. And no, it isn't shallow. It's just like having a preference for brunettes over blondes or tattoos over no tattoos. Just a matter of taste so quit being so apologetic about it.

A girl who is slightly taller, like by around an inch, doesn't really intimidate me at all. But a girl who is taller by 3 inches or more pretty much has no chance. I would be intimidated by them, and I'm not attracted to women who are bigger than me.

But yeah, I have gone out with girls taller than me by one inch very attracted to me. I don't think they'd care about a single inch. Especially since I can be so cute \

I do wish I was taller though. I'm about 5'7" give or take an inch, I haven't measured. But I am short, which was dissappointing cause my elder brother by 6 years made it to about 5'10", and I always used to be taller than he was when he was my age, until I turned about 15. Im' 18 and still waiting for that growth spurt which won't come

But I'm comfortable with it. As it is, I am quite attractive, and I think if I was that tall, I'd have too much to deal with (my brother does have quite a few problems given all the crazy women who stalk him). I have attracted some 5'9ers, and they have been pretty but that extra height (plus the fact most of them had boyfriends at the time ) kind of restricted any interest I had.

I must be very very very lucky, becuase I actually try to look for the tallest girl when I go out. I am not intimidated by tall girls at all, but then I am 6'6" so all most all girls will be at least 6" shorter than me.

Intersting thread. I am 5'8 1/2" and my fiance is 5'8".

Because I am always wearing some kind of heels, I am always taller, by several inches.

He never seemed to mind it. I did in the beginning, but then I liked him so much I tried not to let it affect me.

Still, and I am being sincere here, I would prefer him to be taller. Why? Because when I have a taller man by my side I feel more feminine. More protected. I sometimes feel my fiance doesn't feel the need to be protective of me because he is smaller. Sometimes I look at him as a teddy bear, as a little boy, not as my stud. But I am still attracted to him. I am not so sure me being bigger doesn't put him off a little. I am sure he would like me to a bit shorter.

But then again, sometimes you just fall for the little ones...because they have other things that are very interesting.