Any Tips for When I Meet Him?

DixieThePixie

Okay so um...this is my very first post on here so I uh, hope I'm doing this okay. To kind of cut the longer story short, I'm going to be meeting my boyfriend from online in person for the first time in less than two months. He lives in Europe, Sweden to be exact, and my brother is flying with me so that I'm not going alone. I'm really nervous, and I have seen his face multiple times via skype and snapchat. We've been dating for about 8 months or so, and I was wondering if anyone had any tips?

It's normal to be nervous, but don't let those feelings overwhelm you. After 8 months of chatting I'm sure you know each other pretty well by now. He obviously likes you, knows what you look like, knows your personality, etc., so don't let the few unknowns that remain scare you. Just be yourself! There's no need to worry. It's going to be a great trip.

How sure are you that he is for real? That he is who he says he is? You aren't dating him as you've never met him, you know what he's told you and that's all. I hope he's a real guy and who he presents himself to be. Good thing to be taking your brother with you, this isn't something you should do alone.

I suggest trying to treat this as a normal first date without much expectations. Sometimes online gives us the illusion of knowing the person very well and a connection that might not be there in real life.

It was a smart move going with your brother.

How sure are you that he is for real? That he is who he says he is? You aren't dating him as you've never met him, you know what he's told you and that's all. I hope he's a real guy and who he presents himself to be. Good thing to be taking your brother with you, this isn't something you should do alone.

I do know that there are risks when it comes to him possibly not being who he says he is; I'm dealing with side effects from a bad one from the past unfortunately. I learned from my reckless teenager days and I hope for the same!! I'm also a bit more sure, as I knew him on friendlier terms for a couple years before we even talked about liking each other more than just friends.

I would question the dating for 8 months thing. I find it hard to be exclusive to someone whom you havent met physically. I have had a few LDR and they had good and bad points. Its really so easy to cheat on a LDR. Its very easy to hide a GF too. Anyway... I digress

Good for you to think to bring your brother along. Make sure he is there at every date even if you feel you dont need it. You are in a different country and if he took you, your brother will never ever find you. Also know location of the US consulate. You have NO clue who this guy is even if you have facetimed and skyped and video chatted, you do not know who he is. He could be a great guy or he could be a guy to snatch you and put you in a sex trade. Be on guard at all times and dont be blind to your surroundings. Dont meet him at his house to begin with, go to public places, parks, squares, touristy spots, no where quiet and out of the way. Always have money for a subway ticket back to your hotel hidden on you. When I travel, I like using Rick Steves small guide books. They are easy to read, tons of useful information and it has maps included. Dont rely on your cell phone. DO NOT use public WIFI for any reason while you are there.

As far as meeting him, be yourself, dont say things or pretend to be what you feel he wants you to be. Be yourself.

Good luck and be careful.

Archived