Girlfriend of 18 months broke up with me

blackadder76

Hi I have been in a relationship with my ex girlfriend for 18 months we spent nearly every day together.

I received a text last week saying I don't want to talk right now but I want to take a break from us I need to work stuff out in my head. I'm sorry but I will text you in a few days.

She then messaged me the following day after I had asked her to talk.

She said we can talk but before we do I need to say I don't want to be in a relationship anymore it's not working. There are lots of reasons I just don't love you the way I should. I don't hate you just want us to be friends. I am sorry.

I did not see this coming as we had never really argued however I realise I had become a bit more distant in the past few months due to issues with stress unrelated to the relationship.

My ex had also recently started a New job.

I still love her but don't know if There is any way back

Hi I have been in a relationship with my ex girlfriend for 18 months we spent nearly every day together.

I received a text last week saying I don't want to talk right now but I want to take a break from us I need to work stuff out in my head. I'm sorry but I will text you in a few days.

She then messaged me the following day after I had asked her to talk.

She said we can talk but before we do I need to say I don't want to be in a relationship anymore it's not working. There are lots of reasons I just don't love you the way I should. I don't hate you just want us to be friends. I am sorry.

I did not see this coming as we had never really argued however I realise I had become a bit more distant in the past few months due to issues with stress unrelated to the relationship.

My ex had also recently started a New job.

I still love her but don't know if There is any way back

I'm a little confused by the bolded parts. It sounds like you spent a crazy amount of time together, so in what sense were you distant? Not affectionate? Uninterested when she was actually in your presence?

How old are you both?

Sorry to hear this, but she sounds done. It sounds like there were arguments and she finally just left. Unless you reflect on why she left you can't hope for reconciliation. Did she meet someone?

I don't want to be in a relationship anymore it's not working. There are lots of reasons I just don't love you the way I should.

The only time we really argued was there was a couple of times I had drank a bit too much and verbally lashed out at my ex. I apologised for this and my ex whilst not happy said it was the only time we really fall out. I know I was wrong but she told me that there were more reasons than this she needs to concentrate on her new job and bringing up her daughter who has anger management issues. She also said I need to concentrate on my own son who I am currently involved in a court battle over. Added to that she says we both have mental health issues anxiety /depression to overcome. She says she wants us to remain friends as we were friends first and also said that you never know what might happen in the future we could get back together.

Archived