I ruined a Soul connection

Solostwhattodo

one time we had 3 days apart when he left me stranded hiking.

On top of your long list of potential dealbreakers, this is inexcusable and would have been enough for me to walk away from the guy permanently. He's already humiliated you and harmed your friendships, THIS could have killed you.

You didn't ruin some kind of 'soul' connection, you broke free of a non-working abuser who leapfrogged straight over to someone else. I'd say fine to that, and I'd make it my goal to surprise everyone, including myself, with my resilience and ability to bounce back from this to create a fabulous life for myself.

Move your focus onto getting a job as quickly as possible, and rekindle relationships you've neglected while you form new friendships. This guy will become irrelevant over time if you can stop ruminating about him--and stop making up fantasies of some love story where your sacrifices save the day. There's nothing romantic or desirable about throwing away your potential for some loser who leaves you stranded in the woods. Credit your 'soul' for being smarter than that.

Head high, you'll thank yourself later.

This guy is a total loser and he dragged you down to his level. He's not "spiritual", "special" or "anti-establishment". This is code for lazy. He's a lazy loser and he treated you like garbage.

Be glad you are rid of him. Focus on finding a job and getting your life together.

Many autistic people don't have the executive skills and the processing skills to be able to work in the average workplace . And many require supervision on a scale that most working places are not prepared to give . Work places are also not prepared to give them a place to retreat to if they feel overwhelmed .

Many autistic people don't have the executive skills and the processing skills to be able to work in the average workplace . And many require supervision on a scale that most working places are not prepared to give . Work places are also not prepared to give them a place to retreat to if they feel overwhelmed .

Completely understand. That is why it is a necessary support system.

I was referring to the other guy, who sounds like a complete leech and creep.

You dodged a bullet. He sounds like the Unabomber. ] He is highly intelligent and very spiritual but does not work, believe in excess and extremely anti-establishment.He can be selfish, controlling, he is manipulative, narcissistic, pompous, does not want children, ruined two of my primary (out of 5) friendships purposefully, and embarrassed me in public.

Archived