She doesn't want to date but is still exclusive??

5000daysofwntr

So this girl who is really nice and really attractive and really good all around got out of a long term relationship a year and a half ago... she just got a full time job after graduating 2 years ago and is studying for her masters entrance exam. We have been hooking up since halloween and things were going good but then her job and studying happened and now because of a few things we haven't hung out 1 on 1 in almost a month...

She says today that she doesn't want a relationship and hopes i'm not upset by it. She says she is not hooking up with anyone else or pursuing anyone else.....

do I get strung along with this or do I stand up and try and walk away / find someone who has time for me?

If she really liked me wouldn't she want to be with me?

IF she's exclusive but doesn't want to be my girlfriend.. should I really care?

Whyyyyyyy

She's got a full time job, is studying for her master's entrance exam and hasn't got time for a relationship - with you or anyone else. This is why she is not having a relationship, with you or anyone else. It isn't a question of exclusivity, nor stringing you along.

She has been completely honest with you. If you want a relationship, she is not the girl for you right now, so do as you suggest and find someone who's more available. You can care about her as a friend, and it's also important that you don't give in to telling yourself that you're a victim here - because that will be a real turnoff for anyone new you might meet.

Good luck!

Yes, you should walk away.

If she's only seen you once in the past month and is also telling you she doesn't want a relationship, then she's just not that interested, unfortunately.

If you're looking just for a girlfriend, you need to start searching elsewhere. It's not going to be her.

Her saying she's not hooking up with anyone else doesn't make the two of you exclusive... I don't know why you'd think that.

She means that she doesn't want a relationship with you OR with anyone else. That doesn't mean you should get your hopes up.

It sounds like she's fine with fwb, hooking up, etc. but doesn't have time for regular dating or relationships. What were you hoping from this?

We have been hooking up since halloween and now because of a few things we haven't hung out 1 on 1 in almost a month..She says today that she doesn't want a relationship and hopes i'm not upset by it.
Her saying she's not hooking up with anyone else doesn't make the two of you exclusive... I don't know why you'd think that.

She means that she doesn't want a relationship with you OR with anyone else. That doesn't mean you should get your hopes up.

I think that because she says she's not seeking anyone else out to go on dates with or establish anything with and she said "maybe" one day we could be something

She also said "I still love hanging out and seeing you so if it's not weird for you we can still always do that when we have time "

Try not to get strung along by this. It's just to soften the "not interested in a relationship" news. It sounds like you're in the friendzone at this point. No contact would be best along with moving on and dating other girls. Why wait around in limbo?

she said "maybe" one day we could be something She also said "I still love hanging out and seeing you so if it's not weird for you we can still always do that when we have time "
Try not to get strung along by this. It's just to soften the "not interested in a relationship" news. It sounds like you're in the friendzone at this point. No contact would be best along with moving on and dating other girls. Why wait around in limbo?

Yea but she is still down to hookup and stuff "when we have time" and she "loves hanging out with me and is comfortable around me"

She's also extremely attractive... which is killing me too

Ah but good advice, I guess I'll just try and hookup with her but still be available for other girls somehow? Ahhhhh

Archived