Is there a chance of getting back if the other person does not love you anymore?

bbogdanov

I didn't want her to change her appearance for the sake of it. I wanted her to change her attitude towards her appearance, towards herself. I think a person who respects himself should not be negligent about his appearance, no matter if he is going to an official event or just going to the supermarket. He should be always neat, tidy, look and feel good. As for the business you are totally right - it requires time and efforts and I should have spent more time with her no matter what. I know very well my mistake with respect to that. I was not willing to compromise much maybe because I got into such situation for the first time in my life, I was used to share more time with my partners and the relationship to develop more "easy". Everybody makes mistakes, me also. I am not a bad person, I am searching for my happiness too.

Piling on to your post for emphasis. I do very little to create the way I look. It bores me, and I like feeling as if I look the way I am, it feels honest. I like who I am and who I am, and I like that I am focused on doing things more than i am on window dressing.

Its a question of preference and taste. And its important to let her - the woman he was dating - govern her own looks to match her own preferences. A strong self esteem may be reflected by worrying less about her looks. Its a question of degree measured against HER OWN benchmark.

You are totally right - it's a question of preference and taste. I am a man but I spend much time caring for my appearance and I want everything to be "perfect" - that's just the way I am (and suppose I was raised that way) and I guess I expect from others to do the same (especially women). I have no right to do it, of course, so I have to lower my demands (unrealistic in some ways - that others will be as much caring for their appearance as I am) or find a person who is like me.

EDIT: PLEASE bear in mind I am living in a country at the other end of the world so there are some cultural and social differences in our societies. I appreciate every comment given to me here but just know that there is some variance

Archived