Girl seems really interested in me, but...

Slim Dog

Hey ENA.

I'll try to keep this short so not putting too much detail in here.

I'm in college, and a good friend gave me this girl's number around November so I could go "pick up" (don't worry, nothing illegal in my area and it's occasional) from her. After the first time or two, she seemed really into me. Whenever I'd text her a question, our conversations would usually end up lasting for a couple hours up until we meet up. She seems introverted and somewhat exclusive... as in she seems very selective about her friends and who she likes as a person. She seems genuinely interested in me. I'd try to end with a handshake/slip 'n' grip, but she'd usually go for a hug instead.

So a couple weeks ago, she casually mentioned something about her boyfriend... like "oh yeah my boyfriend does XXXXX".

Fast forward to last week. By then, we're kind of comfortable with each other, she's flirtatiously confessed her fondness towards me. I was going over to her place, she offered to make it a quick trade for my convenience, but on my way over, she asked if I could help her out with some wiring up by her roof. Being the fit and capable 5'10" and 175lb young guy I am (I guess I'm not a slim dog anymore like I was in high school when I made the acct. ), of course I offered to help. So she invited me inside, I took a little bit, but I finally got them to work (SOMEHOW, lol. She was really happy about it). We just hung out and watched TV for a bit, but it was getting late (close to 1:00 am) so I saw myself out.

IMMEDIATELY as I got out of my chair, I just felt really weird. Like I should have made a move or should have responded more flirtatiously and outgoing towards her (smoking definitely kills all the "game" you have). I am 100% not the guy that wants to mess with another girl that's in a relationship, as cute as I think she is. Ever since that night I've just had this strange feeling... I texted her after saying I had fun hanging out, but no response.

Long story short:

This girl seems interested in me, the way she texts, her body language, her voice, she gets kind of reserved and mildly anxious around me as well. She says she has a boyfriend (mentioned once), but has invited me over late at night to help her with things around the house.

I'm so confused. Any insight? Right now, I'm just gonna keep it strictly friends, because I'm not going to intrude on someone else's relationship. I wasn't necessarily interested in her at first... I thought she was a cutie, but over time her acting like that has just kinda started an attraction..

I'm doing the right thing... right

It sounds like she weaved the "my bf" into the conversation to let you know it's weed pickups and friendzone only.

I'm in college, and a good friend gave me this girl's number around November so I could go "pick up" from her.

So a couple weeks ago, she casually mentioned something about her boyfriend... like "oh yeah my boyfriend does XXXXX".

She is chatting because she might be bored or lonely - and she is being a saleswoman. She has something to sell and so she's buttering you up. She is letting you know she is not really available or not truly interested in you whether she actually has a boyfriend or not. She DOES want your money, though

Ehh that might be true. Regardless, she always throws in extra, is the most convenient, and cuts me a great deal, so she's always gonna be my go-to til my plants are ready.

Thanks for the replies y'all.

Guess it was right of me to treat it like a friendship from the start. I'll keep it that way

Ehh that might be true. Regardless, she always throws in extra, is the most convenient, and cuts me a great deal, so she's always gonna be my go-to til my plants are ready.

Thanks for the replies y'all.

Guess it was right of me to treat it like a friendship from the start. I'll keep it that way

Yep; it may be unconventional, but she's a businesswoman....

She is chatting because she might be bored or lonely - and she is being a saleswoman. She has something to sell and so she's buttering you up. She is letting you know she is not really available or not truly interested in you whether she actually has a boyfriend or not. She DOES want your money, though

Exactly...!

Exactly...!

Oh yeah, I mean don't get me wrong... I never gave off any signal or sign that I was interested, usually nothing I wouldn't do or say to a guy friend on my part (which is why I thought it was odd of her to mention that, I didn't feel like I was putting off that vibe), but it's just kind of weird. I don't know how to say it. At least I'm actually getting something out of this

Definitely not like I was being drug around by my balls or that I was being played or "finessed" as some would say I've just been trying to get out more and meet new people now that my LTR is over (she was kinda crazy)

Thanks for the reply

• 5 weeks later...

Archived