Boyfriend going on a contiki tour

Bottom line. . .there is nothing you can do about it.

You are thrashing about wondering what to say and trying to decode his messages in an attempt to try to control a situation you have absolutely no control over.

You have one of two choices. You either trust him or you don't. If you don't, then end it now.

Trying to straddle the middle and trying to control someone who is another country on vacation is pointless.

No wonder you are frustrated.

Trust him until he gives you reason not to. Don't mistrust him because of folk lore about the culture of other places.

Trust that if something does happen it will ultimately make it's way to the surface to be known.

Until then you carry on like usual.

I don't see you have any other choice. . .other than ending it.

He contacts you 4 times a day while on vacation.

In light of things I think that's pretty generous.

Stop driving yourself crazy over `what if's'

You can't tolerate being on your own for a couple weeks . . .so much so it seems you're suffering?

Do you think that's ok?

No need to be rude..! he's been away for 7 weeks allready I said 2 weeks left to go, for someone who has never been separated from their partner it isn't the funnest experience

No need to be rude..! he's been away for 7 weeks allready I said 2 weeks left to go, for someone who has never been separated from their partner it isn't the funnest experience

No - you were apart from him years before you met him. I think that you should do some soul searching and also get comfortable with being in your own skin - to be happy by yourself as well as when you are physically with him

Has he ever given you a reason not to trust him, OP?

Well yes at the very beginning of our relationship I found out he'd been flirting with this other girl and asked her to come over via snapchat, ( but he aparently didn't really want her to come over it was just an attention type thing as I never use to give him attention) but after arriving at my apartment crying and very regretful I forgave him after a while and as I am his first relationship I feel it was a regretful mistake on his behalf and ever since then nothing has happened and he has been very loving and caring and supportive but I guess that has made me weary now

Well yes at the very beginning of our relationship I found out he'd been flirting with this other girl and asked her to come over via snapchat, ( but he aparently didn't really want her to come over it was just an attention type thing as I never use to give him attention) but after arriving at my apartment crying and very regretful I forgave him after a while and as I am his first relationship I feel it was a regretful mistake on his behalf and ever since then nothing has happened and he has been very loving and caring and supportive but I guess that has made me weary now

This is where this current anxiety is coming from.

He has demonstrated to you that he's not the most trustworthy individual and still had eyes for other girls. No wonder you don't feel secure. Even if he didn't cheat, his behaviour was inappropriate for someone in a relationship. My arse he didn't actually want this girl to come over. How did you discover this, and how long ago did it happen, exactly?

• 2 weeks later...

Jade how old are you and which country do you live in? You're very obviously insecure, quite a bit like me, but worse! I really understand your pain, but you're self sabotaging and you need to understand that. If you live near me I'd invite you out for coffee to talk about girl stuff and both get our minds off our boyfriends instead of constantly having fears that would get us nowhere.

I've noticed your threads since at least a month ago...

Archived