Sweating your blues away thread... :)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I decided to start adding meditation in with exercise. My mind is always running, so I know it's going to take practice. So rather than even attempt to sit still right off the bat for 20 minutes, Im going to just work up to it. Crazy as it sounds, Im going to start with one minute...then add a minute every day till I make it 20 minutes. So by the end of this challenge I should be at around 20 minutes.

Wish me luck....this will be harder than the working out part lol.

So I decided to start adding meditation in with exercise. My mind is always running, so I know it's going to take practice. So rather than even attempt to sit still right off the bat for 20 minutes, Im going to just work up to it. Crazy as it sounds, Im going to start with one minute...then add a minute every day till I make it 20 minutes. So by the end of this challenge I should be at around 20 minutes.

Wish me luck....this will be harder than the working out part lol.

I added yoga. You may consider trying yoga too in that sometimes focusing on poses and breathing gives you something else to focus on (whereas as you don't have something else to focus on with meditation).

Meditation is great but very hard!

Day 22

My body aches! We were at a theme park next to Mount Fuji called Fuji Q Highland and one rollercoaster in particular, called Ejanaika, was ridiculously good but so powerful. Pulled a little muscle in my neck!

Anyway, we walked for miles today and going hiking tomorrow, so I am classing that as my exercise

Off day today. Drive to the city for French class after work. New routine: wed- chest, Thurs - legs, fri - arms, sat - core, sun - shoulders - Monday - cardio, Tuesday - back.

Also saw an article online on how celebrity chef dean followed jake gylenhaal's diet for 30 days and was just shredded after with minimal exercise.

Off day today. Drive to the city for French class after work. New routine: wed- chest, Thurs - legs, fri - arms, sat - core, sun - shoulders - Monday - cardio, Tuesday - back.

Also saw an article online on how celebrity chef dean followed jake gylenhaal's diet for 30 days and was just shredded after with minimal exercise.

Diet is probably 80% of what people consider 'getting in shape'. When I start a diet to get ready for a competition, I do zero cardio and will lose 1.5 - 2 lbs per week.

Diet is probably 80% of what people consider 'getting in shape'. When I start a diet to get ready for a competition, I do zero cardio and will lose 1.5 - 2 lbs per week.

Can you share an example of your diet? I typically do around 20 minutes of cardio a day and weights. Sometimes it's just to warm up.

Thx

Can you share an example of your diet? I typically do around 20 minutes of cardio a day and weights. Sometimes it's just to warm up.

Thx

Sure. This was designed for me and I weigh 175 right now, so it will vary based on your weight. Six meals, eating every 2.5-3 hours:

Meal 1: 2 whole eggs, 8 egg whites, 3/4 cup oats, 1/3 cup blueberries

Meal 2: 30 grams of protein from quality poweder, 1/2 cup oats, 1 tbsp almond butter

Meal 3: 6oz (before cooking) chicken breast, turkey, or lean beef, 3/4 cup (after cooking) quinoa, 1 cup broccoli or green beans, 1/4 cup almonds or walnuts

Meal 4: same as Meal 2

Meal 5: same as Meal 3 minus the nuts

Meal 6: 10 egg whites

Yes, it's hard to stick to, but it becomes routine and the results are amazing. I feel so good when I diet, and also know I look good, but this is secondary lol. I've been told several times woman don't like guys that are too 'ripped', but I do it for me, not to impress .

Archived