Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Flight Rules for Minors Is This True or Not??

CopperFire

My guess is he has two school aged kids who live an ocean away and maybe he wants to be alone with them since most likely he sees them once a year.

In a previous post you said you do not want to be involved with someone else's kids so he made his arrangements.

I apologize for being rude to you last night. I shouldn't have projected my stress onto you. I'm sorry Victoria.

I've Skype his girls a few times. But I'm starting to feel very left out. He is always working as he says with very little time for us. Going to do a talk today if I can. I got 22 minutes of talking time with him this Saturday and Sunday nothing else.

Frustrating. Along with dealing with my youngest being in and out of the drs trying to figure out if he has celiac disease along with other stuff. It's tiring.

I try to not say anything to Df as not to rock the boat. Every time I've said anything or opened my mouth a relationship is lost.

I apologize for being rude to you last night. I shouldn't have projected my stress onto you. I'm sorry Victoria.

I've Skype his girls a few times. But I'm starting to feel very left out. He is always working as he says with very little time for us. Going to do a talk today if I can. I got 22 minutes of talking time with him this Saturday and Sunday nothing else.

Frustrating. Along with dealing with my youngest being in and out of the drs trying to figure out if he has celiac disease along with other stuff. It's tiring.

I try to not say anything to Df as not to rock the boat. Every time I've said anything or opened my mouth a relationship is lost.

Thank you. I understand. It is hard to be caught in a long protracted battle for your child's well-being. My son has autism.

Just try to relax though. It could be he just wants time to bond with his kids who he seldom sees. I imagine that's hard on him and hard on them. When I was a kid there were times where I didn't see my dad for a few years and I know it made me very sad.

Maybe in the new year mention that you feel left out.

Thank you. I understand. It is hard to be caught in a long protracted battle for your child's well-being. My son has autism.

Just try to relax though. It could be he just wants time to bond with his kids who he seldom sees. I imagine that's hard on him and hard on them. When I was a kid there were times where I didn't see my dad for a few years and I know it made me very sad.

Maybe in the new year mention that you feel left out.

What type may I ask?

My seven year old is adhd and sensory issues. Allergies are everything in bloom from late September to May. Mostly September through January are spent in the er. He's a home bound student at his school.

Some allergies from then on through the summer. Dust, dust mites, cats, and more.

Food allergies they are thinking gluten so just started special diet, food dye, soy, lactose intolerant, pea protein, some fish, and sensitive to peanuts.

Has chronic seasonal asthma too.

I have some issues but all under control both mental and environmental.

My ten year old just depression and anxiety (long story of what he went through).

My parents have been married 40 years, 5 kids, and 4 grandkids.

My son is 18. He has what is now called autism 1. When he was little he was initially diagnosed with ADHD ,OCD ,ODD you name it. He also has two learning disabilities which less than 1% of the population has. He wasn't officially diagnosed with autism until he was almost 17. The last 15 years I've been embroiled in battles with schools ,legislators ,medical professionals just all to understand and accommodate him. And we won a major battle on Friday. Now in our province he has a designation of a disabled person and will get a disability pension.

I understand digestive issues . Both my son and I have IBS. I have asthma and PTSD and a panic disorder .

I think everyone has their issues. All we can do is try our best understand.

You do have a lot going on, and feeling on the outer doesn't help (maybe being apart over the holidays will be good for you both, could you have sometime to yourself for recharge??).

It's wonderful that your ex, family and friends help out.

Have you tried the "Elimination diet" for the allergies? - My kids had terrible allergies to dust/mites, dander, pollen, most grasses (incl wheat), dairy, soy, salicylates and additives, for their first 5 years we struggled with ear infections, asthma, skin conditions, hives, and related behavioral issues.. etc.. much better now - still the odd flare up, but easier. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to know more

((Big hugs))

My first and only thought is he's lying. I bet there's another woman waiting for him somewhere. Yeah I could be wrong, of course.

I think you need to find out the airlines these girls will allegedly be on and call them and ask the rules. I've seen little kids in airports alone who were accompanied by the flight attendants and taken care of by them. You need to do some research.

Archived