10 months NC, I mean no contact!

She dumped me for another guy a couple a days before NY's eve, "our 4 year anniversary" she never told me, txt me, or said it to my face, she simply had other plans for NY's which started an argument on the phone which I thought put us in non speaking terms. I found out a couple of weeks later, with my brother on the phone saying she must have blocked you because it's all over FB, with her new "He's The One". Yeah she had him lined up, I was there when they met a month earlier, flashing his VISA card around. I deleted all txt, her phone number, all pictures of her on FB, and untagged everything, saved it on a memory stick and threw it in my desk drawer.

Month 1: Denial "good for her, thank god it's over"

2 and 3: Completely hid under a rock, couldn't eat or sleep and when I did I woke in a pool of sweat.

4: Counselling, reading mountains of info

5 and 6: Dating, sleeping around

7: Dated my first exclusive, lasted a month, i broke it off

8, 9 and 10: back to single feeling much better but still having issues with forgiveness

She's done some weird things over this time, like inviting me to her sister's birthday, I didn't even respond to the txt, saw her in traffic a couple of days after that and she gave me a look that would kill. Bumped into her with her daughter, I mostly chatted with the daughter who's 21, she gave me a hug and my X gave her a look that would stop a train. When I was dating SC in month 7 some friends invited us over for ribs, SC showed up first and txt me saying she was there, I thanked her and was a no show.

I don't know..... but for me it's going to be a full year, I just hope you guys n gals do better than me. I guess it's the out of the blue sky thing, he's loaded, and my friends have kicked me off the couples bus, which really hurts. But I must pat myself on the back for sticking to my guns with the NC, and the way I look at it is..... what am I going to say? or hear? that's going to make it all better, going over for tea and crumpets is just not in my agenda.

Thanks for reading and please post any thoughts.

I think you are my new hero lol. I'm going to have to try putting everything on a drive and throwing it in a drawer trick

Seriously, you should be proud of yourself for having come so far and not letting your emotions get the best of you. Wish I had your discipline!

Archived