Open Club  ·  90 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What are you listening to? Part 13

pinballwizard

This was a big favorite when I was 7 or 8. I practically wore a groove into the record.

Listening to it now, I'm surprised that I liked it. My tastes have changed so much since then that it's almost alien to me. But I can still pick out elements that I really like, changes to minor keys, the crescendos. It's just interesting.

[video=youtube;tcgzfqIXk8A] ]

Downloaded this (Philip Glass) to my office computer today.

This piece (and the photography) are particularly beautiful.

Around 4-5 minutes through, close your door (if working at an office), crank up the volume, sit back and enjoy!

]

I really like how he plays piano. He has such a distinctive style. The Hours soundtrack captures it well. He also wrote music for a trilogy of movies that are mainly amalgamations of images. This is one of the pieces from that series, which grew on me. Different, but you can hear some of the same key themes.

[video=youtube;sVMZqcVoEmk]

The vibe of this song, the speed, and the chaotic scraps of melody that punctuate throughout remind me of a horseback riding experience that I had in Italy. I can really ride, and after my guide realized it, he took me galloping through the fields and hills. It was so exciting and wonderful. I could hardly hold my horse back. Somehow, this song captures those feelings for me.

[video=youtube;xQLvO8qHqcM] ]