The dumpee

thechoseone23

Hello there

We all know being dumped is the worst feeling ever and no one who ever went through being dumped would want to go through the depression again. I've been recently dumped and I'm actually in the recovery stage and I've fully accepted it and moved on after being depressed for a month. What got me wondering is what stages does the dumpee go through since they're the one who initiated the break up. Any dumpee's here that would like to share their thoughts??

Hello there

We all know being dumped is the worst feeling ever and no one who ever went through being dumped would want to go through the depression again. I've been recently dumped and I'm actually in the recovery stage and I've fully accepted it and moved on after being depressed for a month. What got me wondering is what stages does the dumpee go through since they're the one who initiated the break up. Any dumpee's here that would like to share their thoughts??

The fact that you are asking what the dumpee is feeling suggests you aren't as recovered as you might like to think.

When you have fully accepted a break up you don't care what so ever what the other party is thinking or feeling.

This is your heart fooling you into a pseudo connection buy trying to get into their head.

Soooo. . for the record, dumpees feel a lot of the same emotions with the exception of feeling unwanted.

They feel a sense of loss, doubt, second guessing themselves, disappointment and withdrawal.

Let that be enough information and put your energy into learning things about yourself . .

The fact that you are asking what the dumpee is feeling suggests you aren't as recovered as you might like to think.

When you have fully accepted a break up you don't care what so ever what the other party is thinking or feeling.

This is your heart fooling you into a pseudo connection buy trying to get into their head.

Soooo. . for the record, dumpees feel a lot of the same emotions with the exception of feeling unwanted.

They feel a sense of loss, doubt, second guessing themselves, disappointment and withdrawal.

Let that be enough information and put your energy into learning things about yourself . .

Lol thanks for your reply! Believe it or not me and some friends were chatting and this topic came up so I decided to post the question here. I am pretty sure I have moved on so don't worry! Thanks for your input tho!

I just ended a relationship where I was the dumper actually.

We had been in a long distance relationship for a while and that distance was slowly pushing us apart. At first I felt relieved - it was much easier than fighting every day and I felt "free" in a way. That was about 3 months ago. Not a single day has passed where I dont think about her and the more time that goes by the more I begin to regret my decision (especially considering she asked me to get back together 6 weeks ago). So last week I decided to try and fix my mistake and she had already moved on. Told me she has a new boyfriend and she couldnt do this anymore. Tried to call her today for some closure and she had blocked my number. I have never felt so alone, rejected or disheartened in my life.

Long story short - our positions essentially reversed and now I am dead inside. Breakups suck no matter what side youre on.

So sorry about that I feel your pain we have all been there! Try to accept that you guys are no longer going to work and move on and focus on yourself. It sucks you have to go through this all again but life goes on! God gave us the best gift ever and that gift is being able to forget and move on. It won't be easy to forget but with time you will! Good luck!

Archived