Warrior women (for lack of a better title)

ConfusedKitty

I want to be like you, mhowe, that's my goal: have my friends invite me for weddings and stuff but they should know better by the time I'm older that I will not go to any baby shower. Not my thing.

You just have to be patient and stick to your guns, politely but firmly. Give them as little validation/praise as possible and always steer it back to work. They will get the message.

Just give them a blank stare when they talk nonsense like that, Kitty. The thousand yard look. I developed that over the years and it has served me well.

Be your own person. And they are probably envious of your interests and hobbies, and haven't got the moxy to attempt anything like that themselves.

I would focus on my work and be kind to the people I need to work with, but that's about as much mental attention I'd pay to allowing the social environment on my job to impact my world view and my interests and my outlook.

The company pier is not the only place in the world to fish for friends.

People are morons, have been for eons. But, as your post stated it does seem to be improving. When I see a tough woman like Rhonda Rousey, for example, I never think feminist or lesbian, I think only warrior. I have noticed guys seem to be more receptive to tough girls than women. I think they are jealous of tough women who have the balls (no pun intended) to not be sucked into a stereotype.

I agree with other posters here. We are all told we can't be this or that for some stupid reason. We are of course governed by reality and practical factors, but that is your only real hurdle.

Archived