How long are dates and do they mean more when and how long they are

localvet

After reading through other responses of my other posts, in between being called insecure and so on, but a lot of great input. I am curious about how dates count on where the early relationship is.

So first off, this is just a curiosity post. So I am at 5 dates with this gal now. Each date is planned simple and easy. They all have lasted 6-8 hours, all but one (that lasted 10 hours) on a week night, counting Sunday as a week night. Time flies by and we don't realize the time. So I am curious... would you put more weight on these 5 dates then a normal 1-2 hour date? Another gal I dated previous, we had 4 dates, none over 1.5 hours, some just a quick lunch coffee date, no big deal at all, barely even a date.I know it will go where it is going to go. I am feeling good about it right now, everything is working its self out, even my overthinking. I am just curious what you all think. I do think these 5 dates are a bit heavier than normal, (we have not had sex).

Not really. It could just be that you and this gal have more free time that happens to sync up well.

I will say that yes, I would consider it a good sign if each time I saw a guy we lost track of time and ended up spending several hours together without even realizing it. It would not mean more to me than seeing a guy who makes time for a 1 hour lunch date here or there because he wants to see me but he's otherwise very busy.

Not really. It could just be that you and this gal have more free time that happens to sync up well.

I will say that yes, I would consider it a good sign if each time I saw a guy we lost track of time and ended up spending several hours together without even realizing it. It would not mean more to me than seeing a guy who makes time for a 1 hour lunch date here or there because he wants to see me but he's otherwise very busy.

That's a new factor, how hard is it to make time!

this is really just for fun. I am not looking for signs or anything special. I do like to hear how others think.

Personally, I don't keep track of time when on dates. If I'm enjoying the date, I'll stay longer (until I have to go, mostly because of timing), if I'm not enjoying the date, I'll leave early and there won't be a next date. This usually happens within the first 3 dates.

It's not a hard and fast rule but typically whether there is a next date and whether the person is enthusiastic about seeing you, is a good indicator of how things are going.

Archived