First Red Flag?

ut_longhorn

Ok..brief history. Met this girl online. 4 weeks ago. Shes in LA...me in TX. We started with texts, then to emails, to then phone calls & IMs. We're supposed to see each other for the first time in 7 days.

Now. Everything seemed well and dandy. She texts me almost every morning...and sometimes through the day. We IM..and have phone convos. etc etc. Seemed fine.

The this morning. I called her...after about 10 mins...she says she's going to eat breakfast and will call me back. OK...no problem. She calls me back 2 hours later. In my head I think it's a tad long..but ok..NP.

But in 5 mins..she has another call and she says she'll call back. doesnt call back. After 6 hours she sends me 2 texts.

"Hey sorry for not getting back to you earlier, but I knocked out after I got back home from running errands. I'm going out with my friends in a bit so I'll catch up again later, but I just wanted to say hi"

Now I think something is odd. But wanted to see what you guys thought? Am I reading too much? or Not a biggie?

she doesn't owe you any more then what she is giving you. You're not exclusive and you're hardly on her radar. I too wonder if you're able to handle something long distance. Why not set your sights on someone closer to home where you can actually nurture the relationship one-on-one rather then through electronic means that will have you angst ridden in the ambiguity.

You haven't even met in person yet...for now, you two are strangers who don't owe each other anything. With that said, yes, you are definitely not a priority right now (rightfully so).

I wouldn't necessarily say you're insecure, but I'm not sure you are cut out for a LDR. You may need to meet someone local instead.

yea...i mean..i personally don't see myself as an insecure person in general. ive had several healthy relationships. even 2 LDRs. One which was 5 years, and another that was 8 months.

Now...that being said...I may be reading too much into this? Maybe some sort of psychological overthinking or over analyzing. Which probably isn't healthy.

I think Im generally pretty laid back. I also dont consider myself needy either. But what I am sensitive to is when patterns change. And when they do...I tend to over analyze. That is my issue. I am glad that you guys are pointing out that I am being irrational. Actually quite helpful.

Archived