Men; I have a question for ya

ForevahAlone

I'm curious; would you bother making conversation with a woman, every time you see her, if you're only interested in her potential friendship?

Could the prospect of a friendship with me really be that appealing?

In general, if it was someone I didn't know previously, and I was attempting to make conversation every time I saw her, I'd say the interest was more than friendship.

He can and I have no problem with that. It's the things he actually says. He's almost too nice, imo, to just want to be my friend. Idk.

Lol I think more info is needed. What does he say that makes you think he wants more than friends and what makes you think he just want to be friends (as per your question).

OP is in one of the following situations:

1. She has a guy paying attention to her and is afraid he's interested when she doesn't want him to be.
  2. She has a guy paying attention to her and she wants it to mean he's into her but trying to convince herself he's not.

OP, care to clarify?

OP is in one of the following situations:

1. She has a guy paying attention to her and is afraid he's interested when she doesn't want him to be.
  2. She has a guy paying attention to her and she wants it to mean he's into her but trying to convince herself he's not.

OP, care to clarify?

Idk which. Lol. He just compliments me a lot, smiles at me, etc. It's confusing to me. He's probably just a nice guy. 😬

OP has a guy paying attention to her and she wants him to be interested.

Confirmed.

Sounds like a good start!

I just don't know. Sometimes I think he likes me but other times I think he just wants to be my friend. He hasn't asked me out or for my number or anything.

Maybe he thinks you're out of his league. Decide whether or not you want to date him. If you do, touch his arm and tell him you like his shirt. Ask him what he likes to do for fun on the weekends. Ask him if he's seen a particular movie that you want to see. Whatever he says, tell him you've been wanting to see it. Guys need some obvious clues that you'd say yes if he asked you out. They are afraid of rejection, just as a woman would be in similar situations. If he doesn't take the hint, either ask him to go for coffee, or assume he doesn't want to date you and don't worry about him anymore.

Depends. If she's a coworker or classmate, I might talk to her regularly without trying to get more out of it.

In purely social situations? There's no way I'm routinely seeking a woman out to talk to her if I'm not interested in more.

Archived