My family has written me off

DaisyHope

im not married nor have a child like my sisters have another failed relationship behind me and none of them want to know or if I talk how I feel ignore it or get angry and when I say nothing apparently I'm being unreasonable. If they don't care anymore because they have their families why should I care.

im not married nor have a child like my sisters have another failed relationship behind me and none of them want to know or if I talk how I feel ignore it or get angry and when I say nothing apparently I'm being unreasonable. If they don't care anymore because they have their families why should I care.

Its hard to give advice without more details.

If you just ended a relationship, I am so sorry for that. Maybe, however, you are expecting your family to be therapists and they are not up for that. Or, it could be if it was a bad relationship and they didn't like who you broke up with or don't feel they were treating you well, they could not have as much sympathy and feel you should be relieved. People that have kids are usually wrapped up in their kids and don't think of stopping everything to comfort a sibling, but maybe if you want more time with them, you could suggest an outing between you and a sister, etc. Maybe I am off base because I really am trying to dissect what is going on here. Are you sure they are cutting you off - rather than just being busy - when you need more sympathy? Do you have a friend that you can talk to instead about your relationship, and then so you are more open to just spending time with family when you can?

The people I know who have kids are wrapped up in their kids with no time for other people ONLY if they were that way before they had kids -meaning self-absorbed or selfish. What I would do is branch out and make friends- meaning relationships that involve giving and taking and if you need more of a one-way interaction then seek therapy.

Also ask yourself -what have you done for your family in the last week, month, six months? What positive things do you talk about with them? What questions do you ask about their lives?

Archived