So my gf of two years broke up with me...

BrokenGator

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You do not run and hug the.person who caused you pain.

Do not discuss this with mutual friends, her friends or her family. If you must...share with hour best bud and tell him to keep it to himself. You can tell people what happened...but no details.

Thanks for the ideas. What did you have in mind with these suggestions?

Don't be her buddy while she gets over you. She broke up with you. You have mutual friends. They must know...but don't hang out as though you are a couple any more.

Sorry for asking so many questions. What does not being friendly with her while she's trying to get over me supposed to do? I'd like to work it out with her. But if I let her move in the I feel like the chances of getting back together is zero. What am I not seeing here?

She has told you she has lost her feelings for you and broken up. She could have discussed this with you and tried to solve it. She chose not to.

Hanging on will solve nothing. It just proves you are OK with being demoted to "just friends".

She has chosen to move on. Now let her accept the consequences of that choice.

She has told you she has lost her feelings for you and broken up. She could have discussed this with you and tried to solve it. She chose not to.

Hanging on will solve nothing. It just proves you are OK with being demoted to "just friends".

She has chosen to move on. Now let her accept the consequences of that choice.

Yeah you're right. I will hope for the best. I hope she comes to her senses.

It is the nature of young love. And part of that is breaking up. she Is hurting too...you just don't see it. If you ever break up with someone, it isn't easy.

But the worst thing to do is get back together because she says she misses you.

Why would that be the worst thing? If she misses me then it means she probably made a mistake. We would have to talk a lot to figure out what happened so that we don't let it come to this point again.

We miss the people with whom we have just broken up. It has nothing to do with making a mistake.

Breaking up is a long term decision. Enjoying one another's companionship is a short term pleasure.

What if she decided it was a mistake and wants to work it out? You're saying people who break up should stay broken up forever?

What if she decided it was a mistake and wants to work it out? You're saying people who break up should stay broken up forever?

This was posted previously:

If she misses me then it means she probably made a mistake.

I am saying the fact that someone misses someone else does not indicate that breaking up was a mistake.

Yes....she would. She would offer and apology and ask for a 2nd chance.

It is normal to miss someone after a break up...you are used to spending significant time together.

I am just so ridiculously attracted to her physically, emotionally, intellectually, etc. I love her so much. I never thought it was possible to love someone like this. I wish we could just work it out.

Nothing.

Accept that your ex knows her own heart and mind and will contact you if she realizes she made a mistake. The best way to make that possible is to disappear from her contact. Then and only then does she see what breaking up with you cost. You cannot "friend" your way back in.

Nothing.

Accept that your ex knows her own heart and mind and will contact you if she realizes she made a mistake. The best way to make that possible is to disappear from her contact. Then and only then does she see what breaking up with you cost. You cannot "friend" your way back in.

The issue is that we have common friends. So I won't be able to disappear.

Archived