First off, I'm not totally sure that posting this in the correct place so forgive if I am not. Now, onto my story...

My girlfriend and I have been dating for about 4 months now. I love her to death, and I hope she feels the same way about me. However, recently she told me something that's just been stuck in my mind and it's been bothering the crap out of me.

I had asked her if she liked anyone before we got together and she told me that she liked one of my best friends. Now, I realize that this is probably incredibly stupid of me, but I just can't seem to let it go.

It frustrates me an incredible amount of time and it makes me want to break up with her which I know is totally irrational. She loves me right? Not him.

Thoughts?

Yes, it would depend on several factors. Was she in love with him or was it just a crush? Were they ever involved with each other? Why is she with you now? Because he didn't want anything with her and you were option 2? Or she realised you were a much better guy for her?

I had asked her if she liked anyone before we got together and she told me that she liked one of my best friends. Now, I realize that this is probably incredibly stupid of me, but I just can't seem to let it go.

If you can't handle an honest answer, then why is it worth asking the question? What matters is that she is with you and not with him. She did nothing wrong here.

You need to let it go. This is more about your own insecurity.

Archived