Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Lays finalists... would you try them?

Cynder

So Lays has four trial flavors coming out. Kettle cooked wasabi ginger, wavy mango salsa, bacon cheddar mac n' cheese and cappuccino.

Would you try them?

Or has anyone tried them?

I would try them all once but I will try pretty much anything once. My boyfriend and I were talking yesterday about them because he was reading something online about the cappuccino ones. We both thought cappuccino sounded disgusting, but they are getting really good reviews.

Wasabi ginger, those have Spotti's name on them. I don't know about the other flavors though. I think bacon cheddar mac and cheese would just taste like bacon and cheddar, and mango salsa and cappuccino sound too sweet to me.

I'm also all about the wasabi ginger. I love spicy food.

I once tried some potato chips that were labeled as some kind of a prize/contest winner for a new flavor. They were something like 'Loaded baked potato' flavor. They were frankly boring and had a weird artificial taste... I didn't like them so I tossed the bag.

the good news is they aren't a big investment! I always try new things because you never know which ones you'll like. the Mango flavor sounds interesting.. i'd try that one and the wasabi ginger one. i'll eat anything with ginger in it, loves me some ginger!

But probably not the cappuccino one or the bacon mac n cheese. I see no reason to mix coffee and salty potatoes... yuck! and a lot of those artificial bacon flavors end up tasting nasty and not even like bacon. But then i'm a mac n cheese purist and don't like bacon in it, and hate anything that is artificial bacon flavored as it tastes too chemical to me.

Wavy mango salsa sounds potentially amazing.

The rest, meh...How are the reviews for the mango salsa one?

My boyfriend was reading the reviews outloud when he was here. A lot of people said the mango salsa ones start off good but finish bad. People were saying the fruitiness is a little too overpowering and there is not enough spice to counteract it, basically.

I love mango salsa. I've done a fair share of cooking with it.

Archived