What does this mean?

Iamyours

I dated a guy for a little bit about 6 months ago, but he decided he wasn't ready for a relationship. I didn't push it and did my best to accept it and go on with life. I would see him around every now and then, we were very friendly and there has never been any hard feelings. We don't text, just run into each other once in a while. A few days ago I got a text from him out of nowhere after about 2 months of not seeing or texting him, asking "where have you been?" Why?

Men who decide they aren't "ready for a relationship" often make a reappearance 2 months later. It is kind of predictable with those types. Their fear or caution subsides and their feelings come to the surface. They miss you and make contact. But they are likely to do the same thing down the road. I would just ignore him unless you want to give him another chance (at your own risk).

If there were no hard feelings afterwards and you are very friendly whenever you see eachother, why not? That is what people on friendly terms do. Haven't you done that with a friend? You crossed his mind for some reason and he felt that it was ok to text you. If it was just a friend and not a guy you dated, would you be asking yourself the same question? You would be better off not reading much into it. It was just someone you know touching base.

Men who decide they aren't "ready for a relationship" often make a reappearance 2 months later. It is kind of predictable with those types. Their fear or caution subsides and their feelings come to the surface. They miss you and make contact. But they are likely to do the same thing down the road. I would just ignore him unless you want to give him another chance (at your own risk).

Completely agree. He is creating that back and forth dynamic.

I dated a guy for a little bit about 6 months ago, but he decided he wasn't ready for a relationship. I didn't push it and did my best to accept it and go on with life. I would see him around every now and then, we were very friendly and there has never been any hard feelings. We don't text, just run into each other once in a while. A few days ago I got a text from him out of nowhere after about 2 months of not seeing or texting him, asking "where have you been?" Why?

"Where have you been?" = "I'm 'momentarily' bored" i.e. inebriated/high after 'having been out with friends' when sending text.

No response required.

I have done this, i would text a girl i know liked me and would say the same thing he did. Sometimes i was bored, sometimes i just wanted to chat - the verdict didnt change though, i still didnt want to date them. Note - it doesnt mean my intentions were manipulating or evil, these were people that i used to know.

Archived