Heard a great statement for all us heartbroken peeps...

Ok so I have been mopey... But I gotta go to work. So I go... I show up... All the while thinking at the end of the day, I can go home and mope....

Watching the housewives of Atlanta-- yes bad tv is my BFF right now. Anyway one of them is getting divorced. And her sister was like, "I want to see you start over and be happy"

And I thought yes!!!! Start over and be happy!!!

Start over and be happy!!!

I wrote it on a post it and put it on the bathroom mirror. Because listen I am still gonna be mental and analyzing and telling him off in my head anyway. But as some point, that has to stop. And what needs to happen then?

I gotta start over and be happy. This is life people.... We gotta just keep pushing forward. We don't have to fix our exes or even talk to them, but we could, if we choose to, start over and be happy!

So get to it my friends. What are you doing to bring happiness back to you?

Excellent! Someone gave me the strategy of interrupting my negative thoughts about my last relationship/telling him off/replaying conversations with "more is coming!" It worked perfectly and I interrupted all negative thoughts with that over and over....and it helps that I actually believe that. 100%

Good luck in your healing!!

Excellent! Someone gave me the strategy of interrupting my negative thoughts about my last relationship/telling him off/replaying conversations with "more is coming!" It worked perfectly and I interrupted all negative thoughts with that over and over....and it helps that I actually believe that. 100%

Good luck in your healing!!

Sav,

I really like that!! You know, sometimes we get so stuck on what happened and think we'll never meet anyone else. But listen I have been dumped before and had relationships start and end dozens of times. Sometimes I get bummed because I feel like how many times do I have to go through this!!!! But really, other than the sucky ending, I have had pretty good times with these guys.... It's not like terrible the whole time. So I'm thinking less focus on the past, more focus on "more is coming!"

Cause I'm starting over and being happy... F him anyway. Lol!

Smooches!

when to stop mourning and start doing this though? ive read in a book that others didnt even give time to mourn. so after a few months all the bottled emotions explode.

I don't think trying to be happy when you can and having hope for better things means you don't still have sadness and the feelings that you feel. I'm still hurt, I still feel what I feel. I know i will cry about what happened again. Heck, i just read someones really sweet post about being blessed their paths crossed. and it made say, aww... yeah me, too. wish i would have told him how great i thought it was and felt really sad again. If I could just say "don't worry, be happy" and it magically happens, I would have done it already! Haha.

All I'm saying is hey-- that situation did not work out. I'm going start again. It doesn't mean I'm am jumping into anything or actually doing anything but continuing to be good to me.

I'm sharing a couple of statements that I have as a background on my smartphone, to keep reminding myself and give me strenght:

You're free now, you can do whatever you want!

Be grateful for what you have!

She doesn't care about you, let her go! Don't let her stopping you from being happy.

You CAN'T change the past, there's nothing you can do about it!

She's a different person now. She's not the one you loved so deeply anymore, people CHANGE!

Thanks for the positive post, loved it!

I had some thoughts today too

Life is a journey we make alone on a long road right?

Well just think of bfs or gfs as friends that randomly join you on your journey on that path

Don't expect ANYONE to join you- expect to travel the road of life alone, and just be grateful for the people that share the journey with you for awhile...some will leave and some are...MORE TO COME like you said

Archived