Broke a rule :/ need some advice

Redabc123

Yeah. I think a big cause for unneccessary drama in relationships is the gap between genders on texting/communication frequency. Twice in a week, i would think is a healthy amount, but from reading these threads it seems like most women would prefer at least twice a day? And even more often once youre in a committed relationship?

Yes, there may be some guys that think less of you because of the early physical intimacy, or just use women in general. Here is how many times they would have texted you: zero.

So I think that is a sign you are in good shape here.

He told me early on and the last time we saw each other that he hates texting and isnt good at it, so I wasnt sure if he was saying that or not, so I dont really expect alot of texting from him, and I dont want to always contact him so Im keeping the ball in his court fingers crosssed

Yeah. I think a big cause for unneccessary drama in relationships is the gap between genders on texting/communication frequency. Twice in a week, i would think is a healthy amount, but from reading these threads it seems like most women would prefer at least twice a day? And even more often once youre in a committed relationship?

Yes, there may be some guys that think less of you because of the early physical intimacy, or just use women in general. Here is how many times they would have texted you: zero.

So I think that is a sign you are in good shape here.

I hope so, he asked me what I was thinking after because of the look on my face and he joked that he had scarred me for life haha as he was walking me out the next morning, so he could be interested

Update: He asked me out for Friday night, but did mention if I was free during the week to let him know, of course I want to see him during the week but dont want to seem eager, should I just tell him ill see him on Friday or try and see him during the week and on Friday, its still pretty early on that we have been hanging out..any advice would be great!

Update: He asked me out for Friday night, but did mention if I was free during the week to let him know, of course I want to see him during the week but dont want to seem eager, should I just tell him ill see him on Friday or try and see him during the week and on Friday, its still pretty early on that we have been hanging out..any advice would be great!

Congratulations!. No one knows the future, but This could be the beginning of a healthy relationship. Looks like you didnt screw up after all, huh?

To reiterate my initial post, I think you should follow your heart and instincts. Dont overthink it by worrying about girl code rules. You're in good shape so far, right? You are the only one that knows what is in your heart, and youre the only one that knows the guy. And if you read some of the other threads on this subforum, youll see that other posters should be asking YOU for advice.

Congratulations!. No one knows the future, but This could be the beginning of a healthy relationship. Looks like you didnt screw up after all, huh?

To reiterate my initial post, I think you should follow your heart and instincts. Dont overthink it by worrying about girl code rules. You're in good shape so far, right? You are the only one that knows what is in your heart, and youre the only one that knows the guy. And if you read some of the other threads on this subforum, youll see that other posters should be asking YOU for advice.

Ok please tell me if Im over reacting, I spoke to him yesterday sent him a quick how was your day, and he responded saying that he had some car trouble but it was ok, I sent him a text back asking if he needed a lift to work since he lives 5 min away from and said I was looking forward to our date tonight, all he sent back was a smiley face. A smiley face?! ok so in my mind I dont know what that means, is he not looking forward to date? are we not going on the date? was I too forward asking if he needed a ride? I hate being so parinod about everything but if you have ever followed my post you can see why haha, so should I still assume we are hanging out today, any advice to ease my mind would be great! thanks

I sent him a text back asking if he needed a lift to work since he lives 5 min away from and said I was looking forward to our date tonight, all he sent back was a smiley face. A smiley face?! ok so in my mind I dont know what that means, is he not looking forward to date? are we not going on the date? was I too forward asking if he needed a ride?

It was very nice and thoughtful of you to ask if he needed a ride and he's, at the very least, rude. When someone offers you a ride, you don't just send back a smiley face...even more so when your date is mentioned!

I wouldn't even go on the date after that.

Um, I'm not good at texting etiquette, but I would think a smiley face implies positivity happy thoughts etc?

If you are unclear about date, maybe call him, leave a VM asking clarification of details. Less room for misinterpretation that way.

I guess ill have to do that, I hate feeling like im bugging someone. Hopefully he beats me to it and confirms with me.

What are your plans for tonight with him? He did mention he sucks at texting. My inclination is to believe the smiley was him pleased that you were being so nice to him; and he assumes he is going to see you tonight.

I agree, if it were myself I would follow up one more time by phone simply to see if tonight is confirmed. And then after that, keep the texts to a very bare minimum with him.

ANd in general, I think you need to chill a bit. You have nothing to prove here. And he does seem to like you. So scratch off the whole start - think of this as starting your dating with him. Because really, it is only the start of getting to know him.

hope it works out tonight and you have a great time.

What are your plans for tonight with him? He did mention he sucks at texting. My inclination is to believe the smiley was him pleased that you were being so nice to him; and he assumes he is going to see you tonight.

I agree, if it were myself I would follow up one more time by phone simply to see if tonight is confirmed. And then after that, keep the texts to a very bare minimum with him.

ANd in general, I think you need to chill a bit. You have nothing to prove here. And he does seem to like you. So scratch off the whole start - think of this as starting your dating with him. Because really, it is only the start of getting to know him.

hope it works out tonight and you have a great time.

He actually mentioned to me when I first met him that he is terrible with texting, I guess I have to suck it up and call him, we were supposed to grab dinner and play pool..I agree that I need to chill lol thank you for the advice

Archived