Are muscles on girls good or bad?

rachopin77

One thing I've always wondered is what males really think about muscles on girls. I'm pretty fit, I run about 6-7 miles a day, and do sit ups, squats, etc, and as a result, I'm pretty thin from running and have some fairly defined muscles. Especially in my abdomen, where I actually have a 6 pack. I'm not anywhere near huge female bodybuilder size, but you can clearly tell I have muscle. A lot of girls I know are afraid of working out or lifting too much because they don't want to get too much muscle, but for me, health and staying in shape are very important. I just wonder how guys in general feel about the subject. Is it a good thing or does it seem harsh and unfeminine if a girl has muscle or something like defined abs?

There's gonna be a lot of guys who feel insecure around athletic girls. I've always had this issue, too... I'm not super defined, but I've got a lot of upper body strength and am sometimes stronger than guys I go on dates with. I don't worry too much about the guys who don't like my body, because there are always going to be guys who are just fine with a girl who looks after her body. I like being strong and I'm not going to stop being strong just because some guy doesn't like my muscles!

There's gonna be a lot of guys who feel insecure around athletic girls.... I like being strong and I'm not going to stop being strong just because some guy doesn't like my muscles!

getting a bit defensive aren't you? you may be right, there are some insecure guys, but others like me just dont find muscular girls as attractive, has nothing to do with feeling like she could kick my ass.

Like minded people usually find like minded people. You're into being healthy and fit? Usually would end up with people just the same or near enough and an open mind. Those that dislike need not matter. Just as if you're any other body shape.

I'm not that defined, but I definitely do not mind working out to get an easily noticed muscles without being extreme in the arms. Used to have 6 pack too - apparently, my stomach is just naturally hard beneath the softness (like it looks soft but a poke would reveal its not, lol) that working on it for a short time would be easy enough. I do what I like and the person that would like me for me would be there. Don't worry about what others would think or conformig to it. The right mind that fits yours would come along.

Questions like these are a tad futile, to say the least. What I ..or other posters think about this sort of subject isn't really going to ever get a concensus. It would end up feeding your head with ideas about what guys like.... and it won't help you.

imho body shapes, muscles, faces etc etc have never ever mattered in the long run... it's personality that keeps people and often it's personality that pushes people towards you or away. That doesn't mean to say looks don't attract... but a pretty face and nice body on a horrible personality isn't going to be a keeper

I like to see a girl with muscles. It shows someone who has confidence, dedication, self-motivation and tenacity. I'm not saying I would marry her but I certainly admire and respect it. The only thing I don't like is a girl who doesn't take some pride in herself and just sits on the sofa all day stuffing her face with chocolate and pizza. If it makes you feel good, keep doing it and don't worry about what anyone else says.

Healthwise I think girls that lift weights and workout will benefit them alot in the long run. I've read some health articles that talk about women who don't use weights during their workouts being more prone to osteoporosis. Attraction wise girls with muscle tone are fine, it shows you care about your body and want to look good. The girls who look like body builders not so much IMO. They just seem too masculine and I'd get worried about being crushed by her much like some girls are worried about getting crushed by really buff guys.

IMHO - if you are more predisposed to building muscle, then go for it. I think you should do what makes you happy, and if the guy is right for you, he'll appreciate your body too. The thing is, most women can't really build defined muscles the way that men can because we don't have enough testosterone. We might be "lean and toned" but getting "big muscles from working out" isn't a problem that most women have.

I don't like muscles on women except the legs.... Oh do I love those. Abs and biceps etc I find unattractive on women.

I am 100% agreement.

There's a woman at my gym who is otherwise quite attractive...but she looks like she could break me in two (and I'm pretty solid myself). Yuck.

I am 100% agreement.

There's a woman at my gym who is otherwise quite attractive...but she looks like she could break me in two (and I'm pretty solid myself). Yuck.

She's obviously on steroids - no woman can get "too big" while being natural

God I hate threads like this. It's full of people giving horrible advice without any clue what they're talking about

Here's what women look like when they train naturally - keep in mind this is on the extreme end of natural as she has phenomenal genetics and works out with extremely heavy weight. 99% of women could never get even this big naturally, much less the size of those roid monsters

image removed

The only people who don't find that look incredibly hot are gay men

So there you go ladies, work out as hard as possible. Just stay away from steroids and you'll look fantastic

I personally dont like defined muscles on women, especially not a six pack. At most i would like them to be toned but still a bit soft, but my ideal would definitely be slightly toned, but soft and curvy.

When I say six pack, on me it's more like it's not that crazy defined, but you can see the different muscles, especially if I laugh or something.

There's gonna be a lot of guys who feel insecure around athletic girls. I've always had this issue, too... I'm not super defined, but I've got a lot of upper body strength and am sometimes stronger than guys I go on dates with. I don't worry too much about the guys who don't like my body, because there are always going to be guys who are just fine with a girl who looks after her body. I like being strong and I'm not going to stop being strong just because some guy doesn't like my muscles!

Yeah I just feel like it's good to stay healthy and try to improve your body as much as you can, since you only get one. People aren't young forever, but I feel once they get older and have tried to stay in shape and be strong they'll benefit. It probably shouldn't matter too much whether other people care, since its just good to do

Like minded people usually find like minded people. You're into being healthy and fit? Usually would end up with people just the same or near enough and an open mind. Those that dislike need not matter. Just as if you're any other body shape.

I'm not that defined, but I definitely do not mind working out to get an easily noticed muscles without being extreme in the arms. Used to have 6 pack too - apparently, my stomach is just naturally hard beneath the softness (like it looks soft but a poke would reveal its not, lol) that working on it for a short time would be easy enough. I do what I like and the person that would like me for me would be there. Don't worry about what others would think or conformig to it. The right mind that fits yours would come along.

I think that's probably a good philosophy. And I'm pretty similar to you in the way that I don't really have to do that much to end up with defined muscles in my abs, if I just exercise and do any sort of abdominal work it just happens

Questions like these are a tad futile, to say the least. What I ..or other posters think about this sort of subject isn't really going to ever get a concensus. It would end up feeding your head with ideas about what guys like.... and it won't help you.

imho body shapes, muscles, faces etc etc have never ever mattered in the long run... it's personality that keeps people and often it's personality that pushes people towards you or away. That doesn't mean to say looks don't attract... but a pretty face and nice body on a horrible personality isn't going to be a keeper

It might be futile, but I thought I'd ask since I've just been wondering.I wouldn't ever stop exercising the way I do because some people say they don't like muscle tone on women, but sometimes it's nice to hear different opinions. Of course personality is what matters in the long run, but people are more likely to approach you in that way if they find you attractive.

She's obviously on steroids - no woman can get "too big" while being natural

God I hate threads like this. It's full of people giving horrible advice without any clue what they're talking about

Here's what women look like when they train naturally - keep in mind this is on the extreme end of natural as she has phenomenal genetics and works out with extremely heavy weight. 99% of women could never get even this big naturally, much less the size of those roid monsters

image removed

The only people who don't find that look incredibly hot are gay men

So there you go ladies, work out as hard as possible. Just stay away from steroids and you'll look fantastic

Wow.. see, thats what i mean when i say when women work-out their legs its amazing. I would imagine in a tight skirt/dress those thighs would look stunning.

One thing I've always wondered is what males really think about muscles on girls. I'm pretty fit, I run about 6-7 miles a day, and do sit ups, squats, etc, and as a result, I'm pretty thin from running and have some fairly defined muscles. Especially in my abdomen, where I actually have a 6 pack. I'm not anywhere near huge female bodybuilder size, but you can clearly tell I have muscle. A lot of girls I know are afraid of working out or lifting too much because they don't want to get too much muscle, but for me, health and staying in shape are very important. I just wonder how guys in general feel about the subject. Is it a good thing or does it seem harsh and unfeminine if a girl has muscle or something like defined abs?

You will attract guys that like fitness/muscles and repel those that don't. Do what you want, not what others want.

Wow.. see, thats what i mean when i say when women work-out their legs its amazing. I would imagine in a tight skirt/dress those thighs would look stunning.

She works out her upper body very intensely too brah

I really wish people would stop giving this ignorant advice saying "only work out legs" or what not. You want to have a proportional body. Once again, it's impossible to be huge as a woman without being on steroids. All the ones you see who are disgusting are ALWAYS on steroids

Rippling muscles are probably not very attractive on a female. Toned with a little definition is very attractive, more than jello arms and mush. Muscle is good to have, because it replaces fat and muscle burns fat. You can eat more and not have to worry about gaining wait so much.

It varies from guy to guy.

If you want ab muscles, go get it.

Heck, I am. I don't care if any guy doesn't find it attractive. That's why we're not dating and not even together.

She works out her upper body very intensely too brah

I really wish people would stop giving this ignorant advice saying "only work out legs" or what not. You want to have a proportional body. Once again, it's impossible to be huge as a woman without being on steroids. All the ones you see who are disgusting are ALWAYS on steroids

That is true. I have a friend who is a personal trainer so he tells me tips (how lucky am I, lol). Gotta work on everything to make it all balanced.

And yes, true, women simply do not have testosterone like men do to get bulky muscles. I'd like to be defined as possible, and don't need to worry about being "bulky" like so. I do have people warning me not to lose my feminine look in getting "bulky," but that's false, and why should it matter? It's my body. I'll love it the way I want it to be. So work on however you see fit, it'd thank you in the long run for its boosted metabolism and health.

Archived