Anyone else despise cleaning as much as me?

oitnb

I love my dentist. Only place I go where I can get completely stoned legally and not worry about anything or anyone.

My son called and told me he vacuumed his apartment bedroom this week. I taught him the one thing a day trick. This way you never let things go to the dogs. The home will never look perfect using this method, but I watch Hoarders and always feel so good about myself.

I love my dentist. Only place I go where I can get completely stoned legally and not worry about anything or anyone.

My son called and told me he vacuumed his apartment bedroom this week. I taught him the one thing a day trick. This way you never let things go to the dogs. The home will never look perfect using this method, but I watch Hoarders and always feel so good about myself.

My previous dentist (changed insurance) was cool. Even the nurse held my hand during the shots moments. Lol.

Ah, the hoarders... Yeah, that's my boyfriend's mom. I'm assuming that he's OCD with cleaning as a result of her hoarding. I'm just average, even though my mom thinks I'm like the hoarders, tch. I can't ever get that far, must clean before it does. Can't stand that kind of needless mess.

Usually, my boyfriend vacuums everyday. I do cat litter and sweep the floors (litter gets to be on the floor so yeah). Every once a week, bleach the floors. He takes care of the kitchen trash, I take care of the bathroom trash. That's how we split it up. But I deep clean the bathroom once a week (he works more than I do anyway), wipe down the kitchen counter when I can't stand it or guests are coming. He does whatever he wants to.

You vacuum once a day? You are good!

I washed two sets of sheets today. I think tomorrow will be bathroom sinks. I remember when I had the energy to clean two bathrooms. Bah!

Oh, I also cleaned the French doors to our deck today.

That's true, having a house is even a bigger place to clean. Groan. All the writers have said that the things we owe end up owning us. How true is that. Maybe I should be a minimalist. I have this friend who is uberly OCD with cleaning and everything that he wears all black (but still fashionable! lol) and all possessions are white. But geez, all those white objects just scream to be cleaned more.

I haven't read all the posts here so sorry if someone has already posted this, but try googling "FlyLady". I actually really like housework - when I'm in the mood - but wish I had more time for it. I have furbabies too and have to travel quite a distance each day to work. Flylady definitely works for me and one other ENA member who I know of.

I recently progressed to making my own organic detergents. I had some bad news a couple of months ago, got a ladder and washed all the mould of my bathroom walls and ceiling - didn't know it was so bad until I got up on the ladder. I felt SO much better afterwards. I had this friend who was SO good at housework - you would not have picked her to be the domestic type as she was an academic - anyway, she used to say these affirmations while she was cleaning - things like: "I'm cleaning the muck out of my life". One thing I had doing is getting rid of stuff like clothing. When she was doing it, and I've tried this too with some success, she says: "Out with the Old, In with the New".

Good Luck.

I've tried different things to get a routine going so the cleaning would get done: Music, timers, putting a movie on while I clean. All of those things work to some degree. What has worked best so far is to not clean until I'm in the mood. I don't clean anything until I feel like it. I don't try and force myself to do it. Then I go on a cleaning bender and go from top to bottom all in one day. I usually get in those moods about once a week, and every day through the week I just have routine things I do: Wash the kitchen floor, sweep, make the beds, do the dishes, pick stuff up. Takes about a half hour in the morning; I am not fully conscious then anyway.

Archived