My ex wants her MONEY back after ten months of NC...

Hi all,

Long story short….

4 years of ralationship.

Broke up 10 months ago.

Maintaing NC for 9 months.

She got married 4 months after she broke up.

For more details link removed

I borrowed some money from my ex when we were in relationship. I borrowed the money for me but the idea was for our future. I have borrowed it before and have always paid her back in time. Due to the breakup, I simply do not want to deal with my past since it is so painful. Honestly speaking, I have lost lots of money indirectly because of her too and I do not want to get into the argument right now with her (by the way she is quite rich).

The way she has sent me the email for money really hurt me. I am still in love with this woman but I do not want her back at all, since, she is all married and too much damages. Now that I think back, I fell that she has used me for her won advantages and everything we did together was a big acting.

In past ten months she has sent me multiple emails for different purposes but I never replied her back because I want to maintain NC. I just simply want her out of my life and not contact me by any means.

I am also pissed at myself that I cannot get over this girl and I do not deserve this…. What should I do? Should I simply ignore her email? OR Tell her to let it go and not to contact me?

It depends on how large the amount of money is and what you did with it.

If it is a large sum then yes, it really should be paid back.

Well the money was put towards my tuition fees. I have no problem paying it back to her; i just can't believe that she asked for that money. After ten months of NC this is what she asked for? I never thought she would ask for the money or it would be an issue. Life is full of surprises.

i just can't believe that she asked for that money. After ten months of NC this is what she asked for? I never thought she would ask for the money or it would be an issue. Life is full of surprises.

Why do you think she wouldn't want the money back? It wasn't given as a gift with no expectation of return was it? From your description you borrowed it, meaning it was a loan and thereforeeee there was an expectation of payback.

I just simply want her out of my life and not contact me by any means.

So pay her back, change your email addy and any other method she might use to contact you. Once the loan is paid off, she should have no legitimate reason to contact you anyway.

Then, for your own peace of mind, let it go and move on. As long as you owe her the money, you will not be able to move forward. That loan keeps you tied to her, so I'd just bite the bullet and get it paid off ASAP.

I agree with shes2smart, she has every right to ask you for that money back. After all, its a loan not a gift.

Maybe you should advance some money on your credit card or borrow it from a friend in order to pay off your ex. Then she's paid off and happy and you can move on with your life.

Just because she hurt you doesn't mean you don't still owe her the money. You could take the low road if you want, but then that will only solidify in her mind that she was right to begin with. I've been in your situation before. I paid it back. Took about a year, but I did it. I felt a lot better about it too.