What is more important to you...Great Sex or a Great Relationship?

paperboy48

I would pick a great relationship. I've gone without the great sex for a while now, no biggie really.

I agree. My husband takes medication that totally inhibits his sex drive. I do not see myself as "settling". I see myself as someone's who's relationship is better than it ever has been and we connect on so many levels and I am with the man I have been with for 25 years. He needs the medication to be functional. You can get sex any place, you do not get a good relationship anywhere.

If the sex is mediocre, it's not a great relationship for me. That aspect would always be a painful spot.

Before you say "oh, sex isn't that important," what about a relationship where your partner doesn't want to touch you, and won't express affection. Isn't that a pretty strong indicator the relationship isn't good, let alone great? That's the way I view a relationship where the woman I'm with isn't enthusiastic about sex with me. And frankly, sincere enthusiasm and a modicum of empathy is all that is necessary for me to have a great sexual relationship. I don't need gymnastics, just desire.

Some people can have lots of intimacy even without the sex. My husband hugs me all the time. I hug him all the time. He tells me I am beautiful all the time. He DOES want me it is the medication. I realize that.

However if someone is not affectionate and not close and does not want you of course that is not a good relationship.

You can have intimacy without sex though.

Id keep looking. I think its possible to have both. But If I had to choose a GREAT relationship with good sex vs a problematic relationship with AWESOME sex, i chood the great relationship. I think sex can be improved more easily than relationship, especially from a female perspective. Mening, guys are usually down for trying/doing most things or having sex more often if i girl wants it

I'm sure everyone can guess my answer, but for 90% of people, the answer should be both.

A long time ago, when I was in relationship-seeking mode, I came accross a girl that seemed like a great girlfriend candidate. And then I heard her say that sex wasn't that big a deal to her. In my opinion, that's the reddest of the red flags. If someone is willing to say that when the relationship is tentative and both parties should be putting their best foot forward (the early stages), what are they going to be like once they've "got you" and don't have to work/pursue quite as hard? Unsurprisingly, she's been through several failed relationships and a marriage that didn't last long (it's always the guy that leaves her), and she can't quite seem to figure out why it keeps happening.

I have to have both, I'm sorry... I don't think either option, without the other is appealing. I think good sex, and a good relationship go hand in hand. If I were not having good sex, I would not be happy in a relationship because I'm a sexual person. On the other hand if all we had was good sex and nothing else I would not be happy either because I was an emotional connection.

I appreciate all of the feedback...to be comepletely honest the sex is not really bad, and she is very willing to have sex (actually encourages it quite a bit). The truth here is I have been seeing her for over four months, I think she is really pretty and her personality is great...its just that I'm not as attracted to her body as I should be. In my previous relationship, the attraction was much greater to my ex's body. I think I would really miss my girlfriend, if we were to split. I'm just not sure I can get past this issue... uggh!

Her body? Were you more attracted to her at the beginning? Or did you just like her personality and decided to go with it?

And then I heard her say that sex wasn't that big a deal to her. In my opinion, that's the reddest of the red flags.

Same. This is more alarming to me than someone with somewhat bad hygiene. And it's not even about the orgasm, it's about what it's gonna do to myself esteem and how it will limit my freedom and self expression.

If you could only pick one...as in you chose to have a relationship with someone where the Sex is fantasic and the relationship is kind of mediocre a relationship where the relationship is Fantasic and the sex is mediocre?

Just curious!

Give me good sex any day. I'll put up with some pretty nasty stuff if the sex is good. I suspect others would too. Love to have a forum lie detector.

Archived