Misanthrope Who Also Cares About Other People

Purple Turtle

Oops, I meant Purple, but my phone said Prince. Dumb phone.

I do enjoy my job, even the bad parts. Overall, I feel good doing it. I know I am doing the right thing. How many people pick up poop from a mean man like that without saying a word and being nice about it? It's a mental challenge. I take pride in having that mental fortitude.

Anyway, yeah. Good stuff.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah YOU enjoy it cuz you sound like "a word i can't say here" but what about the other people that work there?? my original question was are you saying that they actually enjoy dealing with people pooping on floors and screaming at them? i can't see how people outside of maybe a small percent such as yourself could want to deal with that kind of thing every day.

yeah YOU enjoy it cuz you sound like "a word i can't say here" but what about the other people that work there?? my original question was are you saying that they actually enjoy dealing with people pooping on floors and screaming at them? i can't see how people outside of maybe a small percent such as yourself could want to deal with that kind of thing every day.

Dude she helps people and she's happy doing it. There has to be people that help the disadvantaged of the world. THAT is how you make the world better.

Dude she helps people and she's happy doing it. There has to be people that help the disadvantaged of the world. THAT is how you make the world better.

victoria i agree but she sounds WAY too happy doing it when all these people around her are suffering. something is off here. she either is a very kind-hearted human being and i'm just misreading her or she's a cold tough mean type of person. you can tell from how she writes there is something else going on. she's asking me about my life when i made it clear that i'm a mess.

Happiness is when you work to relieve suffering and see results (ie people suffer less). And that is why I love my job. I get a lot of positive feedback too

I am with you, someone happy as balls to work to either cause suffering or not do anything, that's messed up.

victoria i agree but she sounds WAY too happy doing it when all these people around her are suffering. something is off here. she either is a very kind-hearted human being and i'm just misreading her or she's a cold tough mean type of person. you can tell from how she writes there is something else going on. she's asking me about my life when i made it clear that i'm a mess. i think she may be one of these rotten human-beings i'm talking about.

I can 100% assure you she's not.

What she is asking you is what you're doing to contribute to making society better instead of just complaining about it.

and fudgie if your a misanthrope why would you want to "contribute" to society as you kee saying/

Because feeling like I contribute brings me joy. I mentioned that before.

I treat everyone the same, buttholes or not. They all get respect. I do get a kick when someone yells "Hey you fat B*! I'm cold!" and I say "I'm sorry you are upset sir. I'll get you a warm blanket." they just sit and stare, lol.

People suck and have disappointed me so many times so I pour my energy into doing this. It feels GOOD. I feel GOOD when I do this. Like a good person

Other people may suck but I'm gonna make sure I don't.

Being a misanthrope means you don't have faith in humanity.

It doesn't mean you have to be disrespectful and mean.

I told myself for years "RESPECT RESPECT RESPECT" in my head when people treated me poorly. I lived by that rule. I still have high standards for myself. Maybe not for others, but myself.

I told myself for years "RESPECT RESPECT RESPECT" in my head when people treated me poorly. I lived by that rule. I still have high standards for myself. Maybe not for others, but myself.

And that is how you be a winner every day. When you can have respect and grace even in the face of adversity. That shows true strength of character.

Whining and complaining gets you nowhere and eventually nobody wants to listen to you.

i kinda get it now, there is no real clear answer here but i think i'm more on your side than against you. the only difference between me and you is if some guy yelled at me to get him a blanket and was RUDE FOR NO REASON i.e. I wasn't rude to him previously or do anything negative to him I would probably NOT get him the blanket cuz he's a jerk. you for some reason like being nice to jerks. me i want them to ALL DIE, humanely though not brutally

And I still slip up sometimes. Like with my brother. He drives me crazy sometimes and we fight but we are better now. I got through a whole holiday without a fight. He has grown up a lot too. Which helps.

Purple,

You need to have faith in yourself even if you don't have faith in others.

Please answer the questions I asked you. Even if you think you are a "mess", there are still things that make you tick. And I'm sure you have goals and desires for yourself. What are they?

You can overcome this and be happy if you are open to change.

i kinda get it now, there is no real clear answer here but i think i'm more on your side than against you. the only difference between me and you is if some guy yelled at me to get him a blanket and was RUDE FOR NO REASON i.e. I wasn't rude to him previously or do anything negative to him I would probably NOT get him the blanket cuz he's a jerk. you for some reason like being nice to jerks. me i want them to ALL DIE, humanely though not brutally

We all have those moments. "OMG SCREW THIS PERSON" does that happen to me? Yes. Oh yes. But I still act a certain way.

That's normal.

And I definitely have momentary road rage thoughts when people cut me off in traffic. I had some butthole BACK INTO MY CAR last week. Even though I honked. Oh boy I wanted to kill him for a second. no damage on either so I drove off without a word because I had work.

That's normal!

But the thing is, what is easiest? Being angry feels initially but the consequences suck.

Being nice is hard at first but the benefits are better.

When you treat people better, even when you don't like them, your life is made easier. Trust me.

This is what you gotta do:

-accept that many people suck

-find a few people who don't suck

-be respectful even to those who suck

-don't get involved with drama

-find a job you can manage and still find humor in

-just experience life

I love to laugh at ironic things. Keeping a sense of humor saves you

first of all i don't have faith in humanity so we agree on that. but i think people are misunderstanding exactly what i'm saying. i am never disrespectful toward people that don't deserve it i.e. if someone is nice and not rude i'm fine and i will be nice and courteous to them. however if someone is rude or obnoxious or a jerk or b***h or whatever word you want to use i think it is MORAL and justified to be rude back to them. do you understand the difference? to simplify it i like nice kind caring people and i HATE uncaring greedy mean people. if you choose to not feel that way it's your choice but i would disagree strongly and i feel like the world would be a much better place if good people stood up to bad people more often but unfortunately in the real world that doesn't happen and the good guy usually loses. i've seen it happen over and over again in my life and it's a big part of why i'm hesitant to go out into the world and why i'm filled with rage at the world for being so unjust and messed-up. i'll leave it at that...

Look at Fudgie trying to help you. Doesn't that restore your faith in humanity a little bit? I mean, she's a perfect stranger spending time trying to find out what makes you tick. That is so awesome. Don't you see that?

I think we have the power to see the world the way we want to see it. There is a lot of dark in the world but there is a lot of good. I choose to believe that there is more good in the world than evil. Yes there are crazy people and mean people and bad things happening to good people (I'm so sorry Victoria for all you've been through) but there is also beauty and kindness and people who mean well and try hard to make things better for people. Including these people on ENA trying to make things a little better for you. I wish you some peace.

I understand what you're saying.

I agree, I wish more people stuck up to the bad guys. I really do. There is a lot of injustice.

As I said before, humans are historically bystanders. It sucks.

I have my own limits. I won't step in a fight I see because I don't want to be punched, but I'll call 911. I've called a bunch of times over the years for drunk drivers, accidents, whatever.

So what will you do in response? What would you like to do, if you can't do it now.

This is what you gotta do:

-accept that many people suck but if that is actually true the question is WHY????? and what does that say about humanity that so many people suck and are bad people?

-find a few people who don't suck i'm sure i could do that if i tried

-be respectful even to those who suck probably can never do that, have too short a temper and am filled with rage inside

-don't get involved with drama: sounds reasonable

-find a job you can manage and still find humor in sounds reasonable

-just experience life i am i'm still alive

Archived