Misanthrope Who Also Cares About Other People

Purple Turtle

I don't see how not having a job is a good thing to you. Can you please explain?

You can't live without money. Does it suck? Yes. But then you won't have electricity, food, a house, or Internet.

You gotta pay to play in life and the way to do that is to get a job.

I take pride in my job and the praise I get. I get a kick out of being respectful and kind to my job to those who are not to me. They never know how to react. It's funny!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funny how you don't eschew laziness in that list. That's awfully convenient for someone who clearly doesn't support himself.

Oh, the luxury in which you must bask, complaining about how awful humanity is while others pay for your very existence.

i figured someone would respond like that. first off i do not live in luxury, i live in a middle-class home with 3 bedrooms 2 baths kitchen living room etc. i have none of these stupid gadgets people have like iphones ipads kindles shmindles, just a computer TV fridge that's pretty much it. second nobody except my parents are paying for my existence and even if it was society or the gov't there is nothing wrong with that at all. and third of course i'm going to complain about humanity when there is so much wrong in the world.

Wow, you're living better than I am. I live in a tiny studio with my boyfriend.

Here is my question, OP, do you believe in fairness? Despite my misgivings about humans, I am proud to say I don't needlessly screw people over. I believe in respect because it makes life easier for everyone. I don't think it's fair of anyone to loaf around on someone's money unless they are going to school or are retired. Are you either?

People can suck but don't use it as an excuse to suck yourself, man.

I take pride in my job and the praise I get. I get a kick out of being respectful and kind to my job to those who are not to me.

fudgie why are all these people disrespectful toward you if your so nice, just curious? maybe you have an attitude and your rude and you just don't realize it. please correct me if i'm wrong.

DYou haven't spent much time in a hospital. The ED I often work in is filled with people from the inner city who bounce from all the local hospitals looking for pain pills. They are usually drug addicts and scream at everyone, trying to get pain pills. If you don't give them pain pills, they freak out.

We also get people in who are arrested for threatening to kill people. They are just as pleasant.

Then of course, you just get buttholes who are upset that I can't summon the doctor on command

Obviously not everyone is nasty to me. Most people on other floors are medicated or pleasant. ED is a zoo, a human cesspool of everything that is bad about human nature. Psych ward is bad too.

Last week, a man pooped on the floor on purpose just so I could clean it up. I never met him before so I don't know why. I assumed he was just a butthole. So I cleaned it up without a word and left his room.

I see my time here has been a waste so I'll probably be leaving this.

You know what I think about you? I think you're wasting your potential to be the best you can be. Forget other people... Are you happy. If you were, you wouldn't be posting here about this. You are not a happy hermit. Happy hermits don't go on ENA.

You need to change so you can be happy. If you don't, then THATS when you'll suck because you're going to be unhappy and your life will not be enjoyable. If you don't enjoy life there's no point.

But you still have a chance to change and turn your life around.

wow, are you a masochist or something? that sounds beyond stressful.

fudgie just a few questions - what is ED? what city do you work in? when people and druggies start screaming at doctors and nurses what happens to them? i would assume they get tied to a bed or something or injected with a sedative? also wouldn't they get arrested for disorderly conduct?

if you think that "i suck" because i choose not to work some crappy miserable job than i can't really say how i feel about you here cuz i'll probably get banned. i'll leave it at that.

So what are you going to do after your parents are gone? You'll have to have some way to support yourself.

Emergency Department.

Doctors and nurses, the good ones, will suck it up like a buttercup and will deal. Just like I do. You're respectful but you ignore the antics.

You have not had a "true" job. There is a pride in getting praise and doing well. I also get a kick out of dealing with crazy people. It's almost exciting because oh, the stories. You can't beat the experience.

Once you get out and live, you will see.

So what are you going to do after your parents are gone? You'll have to have some way to support yourself.

my parents ask me that sometimes. what i tell them usually is even though i'm 28 and they're in their early 60's at this rate with the lack of exercise and garbage food that i eat (which they buy me) i'll probably be dead before them. what's funny is that they eat healthier now in the past few years cuz they want to lose weight, LOL

Emergency Department.

Doctors and nurses, the good ones, will suck it up like a buttercup and will deal. Just like I do. You're respectful but you ignore the antics.

You have not had a "true" job. There is a pride in getting praise and doing well. I also get a kick out of dealing with crazy people. It's almost exciting because oh, the stories. You can't beat the experience.

Once you get out and live, you will see.

you get a "kick" out of dealing with mentally ill people? that sounds pretty degrading, like their suffering is fun to you. your sounding more and more like one of the people i despise.

my parents ask me that sometimes. what i tell them usually is even though i'm 28 and they're in their early 60's at this rate with the lack of exercise and garbage food that i eat (which they buy me) i'll probably be dead before them. what's funny is that they eat healthier now in the past few years cuz they want to lose weight, LOL

And if you live longer than them which you most likely will?

you get a "kick" out of dealing with mentally ill people? that sounds pretty degrading, like their suffering is fun to you. your sounding more and more like one of the people i despise.

Do you realize you're turning on the one person in this thread who was trying to support you?

If you really think that me getting enjoyment out of treating mentally ill people with respect is "degrading"... LOL. I'm sorry I just laughed.

Yes, it is enjoyable to care for mentally ill people, for me.

I guess everyone who enjoys their work in the psych is messed up. Attention psychologists! You must hate your jobs!

Oh god this is funny.

No of course she isn't. You're twisting what she has to say to suit your own view of the world and people.

you may be right but she did say she gets a "kick out of" dealing with crazy people and that you "can't beat the experience". to me that sounds pretty degrading and insensitive but maybe she means something else.

Prince,

Yes, I am a sociopath. Changing, feeding, and calmly talking to angry patients is how I worship the Dark Lord. My soul is so black that I do the opposite of bad! I am so bad that I act good! I get sadist pleasure out of seeing patients go home healthy.

*crackle evil laughter*

you may be right but she did say she gets a "kick out of" dealing with crazy people and that you "can't beat the experience". to me that sounds pretty degrading and insensitive but maybe she means something else.

But I do. It's an awesome feeling.

You can't beat the experience. It feels great to go home and know that you're doing something worthwhile.

I also have seen some funny stuff. One guy showed up dressed as batman and only referred to himself as batman. He was just being obnoxious and it made the nurses angry but stuff like that made my night.

"where's Robin?" all night... LOL.

Archived