Things That Make A Happy, Successful Relationship: Share Yours

Heather Dawn

I just thought of more while showering (did you know 95% of the time while showering, people reflect on other things besides the shower?).

- He accepts me 100%. I have a burping problem (seriously), and he thinks it's cute, doesn't ridicule me. I cannot hit a note and am a terrible singer, but he loves it when I sing because it means I'm happy.

- We both do well in our professional life, but he is extremely frugal with himself. In the 4 years we've been together he only buys socks or undershirts when the old ones are worn down. He saves up for special occasions and spoils me with lavish gifts, trips, and dining experiences. He doesn't ask for anything, but I know he loves sports so I make an effort to save up for sporting gifts.

- He is so kind and generous to my family. He loves my nephews as of they were his own blood and makes an effort to make my mom feel loved and welcomed (she's staying with us currently).

I guess I am a very lucky and blessed girl!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I listened him "explain" this to our friends:

I (meaning him) need the TV on to sleep...M hates it. So, at her house its off...at my house its on..and on a road trip, she gets to control the thermostat because she is always hot and I don't say a word. You just gotta compromise on the little stuff".

The other women were slack jawed!

Sometimes when i'm cooking dinner he'll come scoop me up and make me stand on his toes while he dances me around the kitchen and sings "fly me to the moon" by Frank Sinatra, filling the pauses where there's usually music with little kisses. It always makes me smile a ton...its like for a little moment the world stops and all I can see is him smiling down at me, singing like a goof.

Today since the boy made me miss my first class we treated ourselves to breakfast and he kissed me by my car and I don't know why but it left a smile on my face for the rest of the day. Blame it on the honeymoon phase but I asked him if he knew how crazy stupid happy he made me, and his reply was "not nearly as crazy stupid happy that you make me" I know so childish but it made me smile even bigger

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to take a month off of work to get major surgery done. I will receive some disability money but it's not much. My boyfriend is going to use some PTO days to help me out when I first get back (hopefully he won't have to wipe my behind but there's a chance he may) but then work overtime while I stay home and recover. Despite everything that we struggle with, he is loyal and wants to help me.

That is awesome guys!!

Actually I was at work with my guy yesterday, we spent the weekend together but because of our schedules and me studying for exams we haven't seen each other since Sunday afternoon. Somehow we got on break at the same time and were eating and just chit chatting and all of a sudden he said "You know...I've missed you"

My jaw almost dropped, I've actually never had someone say that to me like that and mean it. Big huge smile on my face I told him I missed him too.

He's so forgiving about not hanging out because he knows what my dreams are and he says he would never make me feel bad because school is a priority. I can tell he actually means it.

Fudgie, sorry to hear about your surgery! Gimpyrks, your posts in this thread about your new relationship are cute!

My boyfriend is extremely affectionate and demonstrative. One of the things he does that always gets me is that he just randomly tells me he loves me - almost as though he gets hit by this rush of love and has to tell me. Like, today, we had gone grocery shopping and run some other errands, then came home, had lunch, and decided to watch some TV. I was lying with my head on his lap (a common position when we're watching TV) and all of a sudden, he whispered, "I love you." He does this a lot and it makes me feel so loved.

Heather that is so adorable, I can't wait to be in a point like that in my relationship (maybe not this one but one in the future, although I wouldn't mind being in love with this guy )

Yesterday my guy put up with me wanting to go into a new hobby type store just to look around. He's a complete gamer nerd/outdoorsman so going to a crafts store is out of his comfort zone haha. But he was a trooper and actually laughed at some things and we had a good time.

And he strikes again haha! He came over one night while I was working on physics homework and noticed a huge pile of clothes on my bed. He had been there that morning and asked what the clothes were. I explained that they were clean and I put them on my bed which forces me to fold them before I go to bed. I finished plugging away at my homework and when i was done turned around and noticed that he had folded all my clothes for me!

Archived