Does unrequited love/heartbreak/abandonment leave a person heartless?

cadmiumblue

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't forget, you just move on. I've mentioned my story in this thread to you. Do you think I can just forget? I can't. I still see about j from time to time and how he emotionally tortured me. But I've moved on. I am in a relationship and we live together. I'm finishing school and I work full time. Life is good.

I sure am. I love being independent.

Happiness is a choice and you're choosing not to make it. Your failures are your own doings, time to own it. Stop blaming other people for your own misgivings.

Everyone can get screwed over but if you're constantly going through life angry at others and never owning up to how YOU can change so you can actually be liked, then it's your fault that you're failing, not others. You can change.

It takes special kind of mind set to feel empathic toward other who is struggling, happy, or whatever their situation are. It isn't automatic for me and I have to remind myself.

I used to think " I had a crappy life, and now your life is crappy....deal with it bytch haha" and I didn't give a crap about their struggles.

As I look closer, I at least try to understand others' situation and try to understand. Yep, I am happy that this Rich Dude never worked a day in his life or that Son of Bytch's got all the tools and resoruces to success in life. I can proudly say "Good for you" and actually feel happy for them. The names are just for illustration purpose.

But, having lived under strict house rules....I do expect people to hold higher standards and strict rules such as cleaning up after oneself and obeying the obvious rules.

I wish you all the best cadmiumblue. I'm about your age as well.

Yeah, I find that people who have sex regularly rarely give one thought to the possibility that the sex they enjoy on a weekly basis is something others don't get to have.

Oh, I forgot, sexless people are supposed to just smile. Thanks, 28 year old, unkissed virginity. You're really a gift from the powers that be.

I had a near sexless relationship for a long time before I got with my current boyfriend. My ex was not physically well and couldn't do that kind of stuff for a long time. Some people don't have sex for a variety of reasons. Doesn't give them a reason to treat others like crap.

One of my favorite posters here is OptomisticGirl and she had a LDR and subsequent marriage with a UK guy. He just came here to the US but she had to spend literally years away from him, including her first year of marriage. No sex for her and she is so nice. She got through it.

So no, I don't buy the whole "woe is me I'm sad and angry because I don't get sex"

I have sex once a day now and yes, it's awesome. But it doesn't mean that I don't have problems or that my problems are somehow diminished. Sex is great but you still have to work.

Imagine all your problems and then no sex. Wouldn't that be great.

I hope that sometimes you think about people who get none.

grainsofrice, people in religious orders CHOSE to live celibate. They're happy because they're following a way of life that they CHOSE. CHOSE. CHOSE.

My problems are independent from sex.

Actually I've been dealing with the same problems as I did when I did have sex at all, even when I was a virgin. Sex has not changed these problems or made them better.

I agree. Having sex has never changed the fact I was raped or that my son died. Nothing changes that.

Imagine all your problems and then no sex. Wouldn't that be great.

I hope that sometimes you think about people who get none.

grainsofrice, people in religious orders CHOSE to live celibate. They're happy because they're following a way of life that they CHOSE. CHOSE. CHOSE.

Sex will not solve your problems, or miraculously make you happy. Happiness comes from within.

Sex will not solve your problems, or miraculously make you happy. Happiness comes from within.

Squeezing the happiness out of self (within) is the most challenging part. I believe this can be done with positive affirmation and love for oneself.

Cadmiumblue, you can learn to be more empathetic toward others by changing your body language, word choices, and tone. But for a few folks that you really can't feel for, you can simply just ignore or say nothing There is no need to have animosity toward others. You are already at lost for having such feeling to start with.

Finding love is tough, but once you shows others that you do care and feel happy about yourself then, others will be more attracted to you. I notice that no one want to be friends with someone who is grouchy all the time. Love is something that grow on people.

Archived