Does unrequited love/heartbreak/abandonment leave a person heartless?

cadmiumblue

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OP,

Every adult walking the planet has at one time or another loved someone who didn't love them back. A whole lot of us have experienced this many times over.

Not trying to take away from your experience, but it's by no means unique. And believe it or not, odds are someone from your own past has had a crush on you without your ever knowing it. Happens all the time.

But you can't just sit in your room day after day wondering why your luck is so bad. After, say, college years, it's much harder to meet people and surround yourself with potential candidates. It's not like high school where you can keep your head down and wander from class to class and STILL find people you're attracted to or who might be attracted to you. The real world doesn't care so much what happens to you--it's your life to do with it as you see fit.

So I have to keep coming back to the same point--are you willing to start discussing practical things you can do to get out of this slump? The large majority of your posts have revolved around bemoaning your circumstances. Ok, we understand the problem. Now how about we focus on some practical solutions?

We have given you more solutions than that too. In fact I have wasted my time typing out some responses and so have other people. Some people have typed out reams of words all very good advice that they spent at least 20 mins of their own life typing and you have disregarded it all.

We have given you more solutions than that too. In fact I have wasted my time typing out some responses and so have other people. Some people have typed out reams of words all very good advice that they spent at least 20 mins of their own life typing and you have disregarded it all.

I read every response, but it's hard to reply to everything. It doesn't mean I'm ignoring that person, it just means that sometimes I don't know what exactly to say. Especially when they share wounds that I don't know how to respond to. I realize that's how many may feel about my posts, but...I don't know. I guess I am a selfish, terrible person, but I'm trying not to be.

I met people at my last job. I admit that I had a crush on two coworkers: a straight girl, and a gay guy. Of course it wasn't going to go anywhere. Still, it's frustrating, even when the person does like women, they just never feel that way about me. It makes me feel not good enough for anyone I want, only for people I don't want.

I know you are not terrible but you have to crawl out of your victim stance or you will never be happy. I would hate to see that. Believe me I am your normal every day person and I have done a lot to over come the difficulties of my life. You just have to be open and willing to try.

Why don't you read through this and your others threads and make a list of all the suggestions that you received? Then we can discuss step for step how to put some of them into practice.

But it's simply not true that you haven't received concrete suggestions, but you have simply not responded to them or discarded them quickly.

The main work (IMHO) is internal work. We can't do that for you, we can only give you things to think about and starting to recognize in yourself. That is not meant to make a statement about your 'value', but obviously something is not working for you at the moment, so it needs some change.

Archived