Do men have "types"?

strangedays

This is just a general question. I myself don't see a common thread in previous men I've dated (look wise) but I have noticed a few of my guy friends always pursuing a girl that has a certain look to them. Even if the girl is not compatible with them at all. Example: my coworker is always attracted to short blonde girls. He can't keep his eyes off a lady if she meets those requirements.

So I wonder. Is this normal? Is this something common? Thoughts?

Some have "types", and others don't. Sometimes, "types" can be physical features, or perhaps a small set of personality traits that makes a person give off a certain air...it really depends.

I've noticed that my boyfriend has pretty much always liked girls with long dark hair, very pale skin, and usually round faces. Luckily this matches me. My face used to be longer when I was thinner (when we met years ago) but since I've put on some weight, it is now rounder and he tells me that he really prefers my face that way and hopes it will stay.

He also tends to go for very intelligent but rather "asshat assertive" girls, who really are opinionated. Again, that's me.

Some guys prefer blondes, or quiet chicks, or boring chicks, or hot ones, or "mother type" ones. It really depends.

Everyone one has a "type". Me and my two best friends all are a different "type". P is the tall, not-an-ounce-of-fat-on-her athletic type with brown hair and lime green eyes. D is short, voluptuous, and very Kim Kardashian-looking. I am the tall, blonde, girl-next-door type, think Olivia Newton-John in Grease. We all attracted different men. None of our boyfriends or husbands has ever been attracted to the other two. This made for good friendships. We like different types, too. P wanted the cowboy type, D likes tall, dark, muscle men, and I like brainiacs who wear Armani. None of us ever lusted over any of the other's guys, either. Everyone has a "type" they are attracted to and most of the time, that is a good thing.

Lol girls have types, so of course guys do too.

I like sophisticated guys, that are happy and cheerful but focused. You know, the types that are intelligent and are worldly. Love the arts, can talk history/philosophy/politics/ etc. Tall, lean muscle, dark hair. Bright smile. A down to earth, relaxed vibe. Mmm.

Weird how I never usually end up in relationships with them though. It's hard to find sb that has a balance of dedication/seriousness and fun. Who's also accomplished. It's always one or the other.

DITTO. It just doesn't work for me.

Really u too.. like I said I'm 6,4 dark hair eyes and fetures.. and I live on the east coast were most guys are under 6ft.. I can't go anywhere wo at least getting hit on a daily basis..

Now when I lived on the west coast.. most girls were all about the blond hair blue eyes guys..

I have a preference but I'm not particular to the point where I would change my behavior and mannerisms to keep them.

I tend to have a thing for females who have a boho/hippie style to them.

But at the same time I am also relating the stereotype attitude to the name which also lures me in.

Piercings, tattoos are fine as well.

Here's a quick pic I found off the net of someone who I'd be physically attracted to.

image removed

That's all I date, but I like them over 6' and over 200 lbs. In L.A. the woods are full of intelligent, fun, down-earth-guys who dress well. If we didn't have them here, I would have had very few relationships.

Unfortunately for me, it's not that simple. That's a very condensed list of what I actually find attractive. Dunno, they always have to have that special 'sth' about them. And the sad thing is the large majority of the population do not possess that special 'sth'

It's that elusive quality I'm seeking, besides the typical traits lol. Grr.

I have a ton of different types. It's really crazy, as they're pretty mutually-exclusive. Skinny, geeky blondes, curvier brunettes that are passionate and artistic, black-haired ice queens, friendlier "soft"/nice girls (often with red hair), tan and athletic fake blondes in their late thirties or early forties, uptight brunettes my own age that have no time for any of this FWB nonsense and want me to grow up, etc. This may just be a sign that I like women in general.

I personally really like grungy, messy hair and laid back looking kinda guys. Tall, dark or light hair and eye colour really doesn't matter...I also am not a huge fan of muscles, just a small amount is good. If he can play the drums or guitar than that is also very highly regarded

I have a ton of different types. It's really crazy, as they're pretty mutually-exclusive. Skinny, geeky blondes, curvier brunettes that are passionate and artistic, black-haired ice queens, friendlier "soft"/nice girls (often with red hair), tan and athletic fake blondes in their late thirties or early forties, uptight brunettes my own age that have no time for any of this FWB nonsense and want me to grow up, etc. This may just be a sign that I like women in general.

Lmao... Nice. It's been my problem.. all women are beautifull.. and yrs ago. I used to rotate all diff types.. variety was such a spice of life..

No its curvy brunettes... Hmmmmm

I don't have a real preferences looks-wise, although I love dark hair and glasses. I don't like blonde hair on guys at all. My ex B had blonde hair which I would have HATED but by the time we got together, well, it was all white, which was fine by me. I'd rather a guy have grey or white hair over blonde...any day.

I tend to go for quiet, intelligent, homebody guys who like to be committed to one person and will spend time with me and do activities with me but aren't really big on "family", spending time with family, or making one with me. I like guys who are completely non-religious, calm, rational, maybe more "stoic" than anything. Social butterflies and guys who like sports and are "macho" are not for me, at all. That's a turn-off. Guys who are low-key and CHEAP are the best. I think I check my bank account like 3x/day on my phone and am always looking for ways to save money and hate spending a lot on dates or getting dressed up.

The only downside is (potentially) is that I tend to date guys who have a "dark side"...either depression, or a really bad, nasty childhood, or something like that. Not that they are bad people or have done anything WRONG, but that they have some psychological dark issues...but they can't have a history of cheating or addiction or crime. I have my own skeletons in my closet so to speak, so I think I tend to gravitate toward guys who have similar experiences and feel the same as I do.

Oh man I always end up with tall dark and handsome. But I can't help myself when I see a blonde haired blue eyed guy. I myself have light brown hair with blonde highlights and green eyes. I wonder if people are mainly attracted to people that look like them kinda?

I don't think so. I'm tall with dark hair, intelligent, and generally non controversial, yet for some reason I'm attracted to short, blonde hair * * * * * es. I've always thought myself as well as girls to be attracted to their "opposites".

Archived