Hall of Famous ENA Quotes*

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

When you rely on someone to make you happy when you don’t know how to make yourself happy and they end up leaving you, what are you left with? Your happiness just walked right out the door and you are left with nothing but memories and emptiness that could only be described as heart wrenching

Superdave77

• 2 weeks later...

Getting rid of heartbreak is like trying to flush a whole bunch of dirty paper down the toilet. You want it all to disappear but most of it gets stuck, and by the time you know it, your toilet overflows and crap spills all over the floor. The hardest part comes when you have to clean up all that mess. You don't want to because it's so unbearable to look at and it smells, but you realize that you have to use that bathroom again so you do it anyway, one towel at a time. And to make sure your job is complete, you use a plunger to get rid of the dirty paper that caused the problem in the first place. After you have cleaned everything up, you throw away all the dirty items and the bathroom is clean once again.

Good analogy!

Many people smack their heads up against a brick wall trying to attain something that is unrealistic. (NCforME)

I believe we all pair up with someone roughly equally nuts to ourselves. (jasper01)

MANY people live with regret and don't act on it and they never go back on their decision, because of pride, or the fear of looking weak, or the fear of being rejected. (HopeArises)

• 2 weeks later...

"It is not helpful to put the other woman down. She is a stranger. None of us know anything about her. So what if she is a great catch and they are really happy together? There are always going to be situations like this. I have an ex who is gorgeous and has a beautiful girlfriend. They are very cute together and they seem happy. I have gone though the whole jealousy thing and I have also come to realize it makes no sense to compare myself to her. And, the fact that they may well be very happy together has nothing to do with me. I could also end up in a fantastic relationship...the fact that they have found each other does not mean I won't find my guy or that there is anything wrong with the way I look etc. I think that it's a bad idea to start assuming negative things about an ex or his relationship because it does not really help and it also is a skewed version of reality based on absolutely no actual information. It's an easy trap to fall into but it's not a good idea. So what if he is happy? So what if she's not only pretty but smart as well? None of us knows and in the end it does not matter in the least bit. What matters is that the OP does not allow her self esteem to suffer so that she can go on and find her happiness." -lady00

I was reading through some threads here, just 'cause I felt like it, and stumbled upon this gem of a line posted earlier today:

Although our relationship had it's fun points and we shared good times, I remembered that these good times could have been spent with anyone.

Perfection. (I hope ToF doesn't mind me posting this here! )

From RobD70, who is always straight to the point:

The best thing is to make it real, that means really moving forward (not "on") and stop focusing on her and see her as just another girl. When you stop caring about her and start caring about your future then you'll find you can get anything you want. You are putting yourself under a lot of pressure wanting to win her back. Throw in the towel and stop doing that, stop making it your goal to get back with her and you will feel 1000x better. Just.Give.Up.

Once I threw in the towel, my whole outlook improved. To me it wasn't enough to just try to work on myself and accept it. I had to give up on the situation and symbolically throw in the towel... which is against every fiber in my being from athletics, to work, to relationships.

BTW, once again great idea for a thread, Carus!

BTW, once again great idea for a thread, Carus!

Thanks buddy....I'm glad to see it helping people*

Here's another one from one of our great ENA posters:

Some people are in our lives for a season and that is what it is meant to be. Some people are in our lives to give us life lessons and wisdom for future encounters. If you hold on to your past it could mean disturbing your future.

And with that: Ever Forward

Carus* 8-)

Do not dwell on the past. What has happened has happened. You need to find yourself, find love for yourself and the courage to move on will follow. Eventually, when you least expect it your heart will let you know when its ready to love again.

From a guy who knows.... 8-)

I can't guarantee that anyone will achieve any specific outcome by practicing compassion, acceptance, and positivity, BUT - I know of zero successful relationships or reunions based on resentment, vilification, and pessimism. None. A negative attitude will produce a negative reality. Food for thought.

. . . . . . . . . .

First things first - lose the "dumped" word. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. It's a negative connotation that only feeds a victim mentality. Stop.

I'd love a different vocabulary for all this, words other than dumpee, dumper, ex, divorce. ( I especially dislike the term "ex".)

DabbleDave had an appropriate new term: Soloship

• 5 weeks later...

Journeynow* ~ I like it^^

Please know that a broken heart will not kill you. Let the darkness come. Accept those dark days, feel them then release them. After the darkest night, the sun will rise.

You are someone special and you can be someone special standing on your own.

From someone who knows

Here's the link>>

8-)

"One day he will wake up and realize what an amazing woman she really was. When that day comes, she will be waking up to the man who already knew!"

Brilliant :strawberry:

Originally Posted by learning2relax

In the end, if our ex's left us and don't come back, it wasn't meant to be. No matter how great it was it wouldn't work if they don't love themselves enough to receive the love we have for them.

Also a goodun

"Life is like a box of chocolates sometimes you accidently pick one that tastes like * * * * * so you either chew on it a bit and see if it tastes any better after a while or you spit it out, but sometimes you pick one that tastes so good that you make it your favourite. You don't eat it all the time but you really enjoy the times you do and no other chocolate even compares."

"I promise myself to forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the great achievement of the future"

"I promise myself to be so strong that nothing disturbs my peace of mind"

" Hi - I'm awesome {True Story}"

"Think good thoughts, speak good words, take good actions"

Just saw this in Oldsoul86's sig, quoted from rapunzel:

"The one who would leave you is NOT the one for you, never was. YOURS will not leave you. Yours will not turn away in disgust. Yours will not let you go so someone else can have you. THIS one was not the one. TRUST that. BELIEVE that. OWN that."

I like that

• 2 weeks later...
This break-up can really be the start of something amazing!

That is a great way to look at it Heidern*

At 3 years out now I can definitely concur that there are some great lessons to be learnt from harsh BU's if one takes the time to acknowledge them*

Ever Forward

Carus* 8-)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived