Hall of Famous ENA Quotes*

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this desreves its rightful place on here because it just made me laugh out loud very very loud

I called a guy off this site that was having a tough time dealing with his break up, he kept walking around his city talking loudly saying, "you know what i mean, thor!?"- I am sure someone looked at him like - hes got the god of thunder on his iphone

said by thorshammer while talking about usernames in offtopic .

brilliant hahahaha

This is one of the favourite analogies:

It feels like I'm arriving late for a party and everyone is in the middle of a board game and I'm expected to play with them having never read the rules and starting at square one, while the rest of the people have already advanced their piece on the board.

Not sure why it sticks in my mind. Maybe because I was trying and failing to describe exactly the same feeling.

• 8 months later...
Ah, I saved this one on my computer, too. Don't remember, who posted it either:

"Life is a series of changes. That's all it is. Resistance to change causes pain. Stop resisting. Once you truly understand and embrace this truth, you not only start to look forward to more changes, you realize even those which feel as if they may be the end of you are for your ultimate happiness. Usually we only see this in hindsight. One day you are going to thank him for this. I promise." A fellow Buddhist

That was my post. My friend Claire telling me this was really the beginning of things turning for me. She was absolutely correct.

• 2 months later...

I love this:

I had to learn:

1. The moment you realize that the person you cared for has nothing intellectually or spiritually to offer you, but a headache.

2. The moment you realize God had greater plans for you that don’t involve crying at night or sad.

3. The moment you stop comparing yourself to others because it undermines your worth, education and your parent’s wisdom.

4. The moment you live your dreams, not because of what it will prove or get you, but because that is all you want to do. People’s opinions don’t matter.

5. The moment you realize that no one is your enemy, except yourself.

6. The moment you realize that you can have everything you want in life. However, it takes timing, the right heart, the right actions, the right passion and a willingness to risk it all. If it is not yours, it is because you really didn’t want it, need it or God prevented it.

7. The moment you realize the ghost of your ancestors stood between you and the person you loved. They really don’t want you mucking up the family line with someone that acts anything less than honorable.

8. The moment you realize that happiness was never about getting a person. They are only a helpmate towards achieving your life mission.

9. The moment you believe that love is not about losing or winning. It is just a few moments in time, followed by an eternity of situations to grow from.

10. The moment you realize that you were always the right person. Only ignorant people walk away from greatness. Shannon L. Alder

• 3 years later...

Bumping this oldie but goodie thread, and adding a recent quote by IAmFCA

I used to wonder about trusting others. Instead, I now trust myself to know what I want, know when I am not getting it, and bounce back when I run myself into a brick wall.

First and foremost, retain responsibility for yourself. Nobody else can be nor ought to be trusted with ensuring you are on your path.

Thanks to Carus for starting this.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Appreciate petty triumphs for what they are, just don't hitch your healing carriage to them.

.....you want her to fail for hurting you. Normal human emotion, just be careful, if you find solance in her failures, you will find pain in her triumphs.

Written for the ages*

• 5 months later...
Trying to contact someone who you love, but no longer loves you, is like stabbing yourself in the heart repeatedly.

Yes it sure is......

Also just want to reiterate the quote above this one by Figureitout* ~ That was posted back in July last year and I have rehearsed it over and over since then. A good friend of mine was really impressed with it just 3 nights ago....

So much wisdom on this forum*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Bumping this oldie but goodie thread, and adding a recent quote by IAmFCA

Thanks to Carus for starting this.

Awww thank you for the election of my words to the renowned hall of fame. It is helpful to read them.

Also, you gave me an "I said that?" moment. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived