Things kind of suck!

Well, I had to leave the deployment early. I had a blood test and found out I have a medical condition that requires treatment right away. It sucks because I wanted to finish the deployment and I don't even feel sick at all. I had really, really looked forward to the welcome home ceremony. I had an image in my head of what it would be like once I finally got home, and now that's trashed. I don't even know when I will get to my house- could be before or even quite a bit after my unit gets to go home. I'm not really sure what's going to happen to me when I get treatment. I'm afraid I won't even be the same person anymore. I guess that's the hard part- I'm away from all my friends on the deployment, I feel like I left everything unfinished and I don't even know what's going to happen to me after tomorrow. At least they caught it early I guess. They think I could have gotten very sick or even died if I stayed. I don't think it was that bad though.

Anyway, not really looking for advice. Just wanted to put that out there. I'm just not happy with where my life is at right now.

I'm really sorry to hear that alli. Whatever you have does sound a bit scary to me - glad the doctors caught it and that you will be treated.

I know the deployment has been really tough on you. I imagine it would have been great for you to have that feeling of accomplishment that you stuck it out and made it through. I'm keeping my fingers crossed you can somehow come home at the same time as your unit and get to go to your ceremony anyway. Either way congratulations! I for one am very impressed by what you've done over there and how well you've handled it!

You've done good, and thankfully for good doctors you'll be able to continue good works. If they said you could have died they are not joking. Get the treatment you need for this and cooperate, which is hard I know.

Archived