How often did it happen to you that you NEVER heard from your ex (dumper) again?

It's been over a year and I have not heard from mine and I hope that I never do because I dont want or need the drama. I've moved on, found the love of my life and there is nothing that I have left to say to the guy.

I never really loved my ex either but I was really fond of him. Looking back, the only reason I struggled with the breakup was because of how he handled things. nice guy but piss poor social skills...

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I went out with my ex for 8 years. We split up five months ago and when he finished moving out his stuff (which took about three weeks), I never heard from him again. I ran into him once at an event, and he ran away rather than talk to me. When I saw him on the street twice, he crossed to avoid me. All that hurt, considering that he was the one who essentially left me. Fortunately, all those events happened in the first month and a half of the break up, and I don't really count them as "talking again." I am sad about it -- it feels like a loss. It is a loss. But, truth is, I don't want to hear from him. It'd only be painful. The only exception to that is if called to say he'd made a mistake, he changed his mind, and he was willing to put in the work to make things work between us. Since that's never going to happen, I'm pretty sure I won't hear from him and it's probably for the best.

Same like you Ginger* I did see my ex gf last week, I said hi and she too back, but she looked like she saw a ghost, it's crazy how you can become strangers when a few months ago you were soulmates , but these things happen , I still wish to speak to her to know how she's faring but I think if you've been together for a long time, you still have a special place in each other's hearts

Yes, this is a really old thread! But a good question, nonetheless.

I was dumped suddenly after a 2 1/2 year relationship. He just....walked out one night, and I never heard from him again. We had, what I thought, was the best relationship of my life! We got along great, never argued, did a lot of things together. On the night he left, I expressed some disappointment that he didn't want to help my family plan my upcoming large birthday. We had had a really nice day together, and I said it in a very nice tone. He excused himself, went downstairs, and next thing I knew, he was packing up his stuff from the weekend.

That was early 2012. I haven't seen him....have you? :p

Hey LHGirl,

So sorry to hear that..

You literally never heard anything? Did you even found out anything?

S x

So, I did "hear", when I saw his profile on match, 2 weeks later. Yep, it was our New Year's Eve photo, with me cut out. So, I emailed him and said, "nice pic! That was a fun night! So, I guess things didn't work out for us. Hey, I have your things that you left here, and I'll be happy to get them to you". He did write back, saying he'd come by to pick them up, which he did. I handed him a bag, and he literally said, "Thanks". That was it. So in all truth, I saw him for 2 seconds, and then....never again.

So, I did "hear", when I saw his profile on match, 2 weeks later. Yep, it was our New Year's Eve photo, with me cut out. So, I emailed him and said, "nice pic! That was a fun night! So, I guess things didn't work out for us. Hey, I have your things that you left here, and I'll be happy to get them to you". He did write back, saying he'd come by to pick them up, which he did. I handed him a bag, and he literally said, "Thanks". That was it. So in all truth, I saw him for 2 seconds, and then....never again.
i could imagine this how it would go if he (my ex) ever had a reason to talk to me... dude is long gone.

it's ok. i deal with how i feel about it. i feel sad at times. i also do things to move forward. i had a blast redecorating my bedroom. i told my friend i almost want to tell him... lol

and i did have a retail therapy day, too. it was a rainy day and perfect. i had all the lot delivered. it should be here tomorrow.

and I'm dating again. its gonna be ok. it already is... just hoping to meet someone else and share good times.

I have heard from all my exes. At least I can say I heard from the ones I wanted to hear from. It was like I attracted them back in a way.

Once I got truly over them... They came around to say hello. The ones I truly in my heart wanted to hear from out of genuine concern. Not out of a desire to reconcile.

There are others that I would never speak to again if my life depended on it and I haven't heard from them. Yet .....

I recently heard from an ex that dumped me in high school for a much older woman. I haven't seen or spoke to him since college. All of a sudden, he messaged me. I barely, yet politely responded and then blocked him.

I am in friendly contact with most of my exes, even the ones that dumped me and broke my heart. One tried to get me back, two others I still frequently see for dinner or chat with. Everyone else I am only rarely in touch with. All of my previous breakups where fairly amicable and ended without a lot of drama.

My most recent one was different. It has only been 2 months of NC on my part and 3 months on hers. The breakup was 7 months ago. She pretty much cut me out of her life right away which caused me to act super crazy up until 2 months ago. I finally decided to stop my crazy behaviour. I doubt I will ever hear from her again because she was completely indifferent right after we broke up and moved to a different continent. If she ever opened up to me again after how I acted it would be a miracle.

• 4 months later...

I have reconnected and became friends with all my exes but the most recent. While some were effortless transitions, others took years. Some have me over for dinner whenever I am in town; others have introduced me to their kids; and I have become friends with a few of their husbands in time as well.

The most recent ex, I doubt I will ever hear from again. We dated for almost two years, were discussing marriage, etc. She fell out of love (though I believe emotional cheating played a big part) and broke up with me. She breadcrumbed me along for months until starting her new relationship, then cut me out entirely - blocking me on everything - when I confronted her about my suspicions on why the relationship ended. She has an avoidant attachment style so I do not hold my breath when it comes to hearing from her again.

My first ex V had an on and off period for like 4 years after breaking up when I was 20. Eventually she found someone new and moved on from me, I grew up a bit and realized we did not work, and about 2 years ago we became friends. We go out to dinner usually once a month (when both of us are single, if one of us are dating than its usually less which is understandable) and talk all the time.

My second ex K dated for 2 months, went a year without talking, then I went with her to lawyer up for a divorce, once that was finalized we had another month long relationship, after that we saw each other intemittently for a few years (always intimate) until she met her current bf/husband. I miss her company as a friend as we clearly did not work as a romantic partner and I havent spoke to her in 4 years, but I was thinking about reaching out to her to do my hair since she is a pretty good hair stylist (not sure how receptive she may be; not that we ended on bad terms or in a huge fight, but her husband is jealous/possessive)

My newest ex M who I dated for 6 months, TBD :)

In prior relationships it never happened - regardless of who did the dumping they always came back to try again at some point, a few months to a year or so afterward. I only went for this once and it didn’t work out, though I still hear from the girl in particular regularly.

In my most recent case a girl chucked me after an intense 3 months and I’ve not heard from her for around 6 weeks now. For some reason my gut tells me I never will this time round but I’m slowly getting over it.

Archived