Sometimes I think it really is all about looks....

BriarRose

Was he calling to make up? I know that looks are a very big deal for women, they are a big thing for guys too but i think we generally dont worry about it to the same degree. I understand why that made you feel bad when you sent the pics and got no return, just take the positive that the guy would appear not to be worth your time anyway.

Thanks - I have accepted it (it's not like there is a choice, right?), it just still puzzles me as to why he started calling again after that. I had resigned myself to the fact that he just didn't care for the new pics.

He's so weird - 3 weeks before that, says he thinks he can "fall deeply in love with me", then "I can't give you hope anymore". Weirdo...

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks - I have accepted it (it's not like there is a choice, right?), it just still puzzles me as to why he started calling again after that. I had resigned myself to the fact that he just didn't care for the new pics.

He's so weird - 3 weeks before that, says he thinks he can "fall deeply in love with me", then "I can't give you hope anymore". Weirdo...

Sounds like a waste of space BriarRose, youll find someone better than him.

Even if I don't, I'm still better off. He is the kind of guy that will drop his next gf (or wife) like a hot rock if she gets sick.

I'd rather be alone. He sounds like a tool that hasn't grown up - reminds me a of a 14 year old boy who dumps his girlfriend for wearing the wrong colour top (happened to a friend in high school). How stupid.

I mean, what did he expect me to look like after surgery, chemo and radiation? Megan Fox?

Probably. But men like that expect not to be offended by people over the age of about 25, or anyone who doesn't smack a little of Megan Fox - in looks or behaviour. Strutting sexuality and confidence wise. As if I would disrespect myself like that.

Someone should tell those types of guys that old people and ugly people have sex, too. They'd likely die of shock, then everyone's problems would disappear!

Probably. But men like that expect not to be offended by people over the age of about 25, or anyone who doesn't smack a little of Megan Fox - in looks or behaviour. Strutting sexuality and confidence wise. As if I would disrespect myself like that.

Someone should tell those types of guys that old people and ugly people have sex, too. They'd likely die of shock, then everyone's problems would disappear!

He's 53, lol! But a young 53. But age doesn't matter - not every guy dumps someone just because they get an illness. He is just a shallow person.

He's 53, lol! But a young 53. But age doesn't matter - not every guy dumps someone just because they get an illness. He is just a shallow person.

He is! And you're better off without him, easy to say, hard to do.

I lost a friend of mine 2 years ago to breast cancer, she was 38.

She put on weight because of the steroids, went crazy due to more drugs, lost a breast, it was heartbreaking.

Her husband never saw her but the woman he married and fell in love with.

He is! And you're better off without him, easy to say, hard to do.

I lost a friend of mine 2 years ago to breast cancer, she was 38.

She put on weight because of the steroids, went crazy due to more drugs, lost a breast, it was heartbreaking.

Her husband never saw her but the woman he married and fell in love with.

Yeah, and it's not like I even had any of those things. I just have funky hair and look a little tired. I knew they weren't great photos, but I didn't think they would make him not want to see me anymore.

Archived