Collection of nice QUOTES to make us feel better/ help us healing :-)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't remember where I found this one, either here one ENA or in another forum...

No Contact - An Affirmation.

Don't just read it - believe it and live it.

This ends now.

No more thinking, no more analyzing, no more heartache.

This is my life and I refuse to allow my happiness depend on someone else.

There is no point worrying about this for another second.

I am taking control of this now.

I am the one that has the power to end my pain, no one else.

My thoughts and actions control my feelings.

I can control both, and I will.

There will be no more planning, no more searching for a reaction and no more submissiveness.

I deserve better from myself.

If I find myself planning something to get attention, I will stop.

If I find myself reminiscing about better times, I will stop.

If I find myself think about what anyone else is doing apart from myself, I will stop.

Every day that I spend dwelling on that which I can’t control is another day wasted.

Every day that I spend dwelling on that which I can’t control is another day that I have delayed myself from feeling better.

I don’t need to worry about this situation, it is over. I accept that.

This situation is now irresolvable from my end.

I have done all that I can.

I will no longer put myself in a position to be disrespected and I will instead start respecting myself.

I am a prize, I am a catch.

I will not lower myself to a level that I have no business being on.

I am letting it go.

If it comes back, the decision then becomes mine.

I will not wait for it to come back however, my decision has already been made – I am moving on.

If it doesn’t come back, I have my self respect – the knowledge that I have walked away from a situation with my dignity intact.

I will not compromise my dignity again.

I am walking away knowing that I have avoided making someone who has no right feeling above me, feel just that.

I am walking away from this and I will have no regrets.

Mine is not a position to regret because I have given it my all.

My mind is telling me that what I’m putting myself through is wrong, that I am wrong to torture myself over this.

I am now listening.

I will not re-enter the equation.

I will not put myself in harms way again.

I will not leave myself open for rejection.

I will now start respecting myself enough to end my pain.

I am the only one that can do so.

And today is that day.

I’m done.

I wished I was able to follow these rules... I try my best to...

• 2 weeks later...

"If you have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down."

"Forgiveness doesn't change the past, but it does enlarge the future."

"Saying sorry doesn't mean, there isn't any guilt and forgiving doesn't mean, the pain is gone."

Thank you all for your contributions. I have wrote down 4 of them to use them when necessary.

The following excerpts are from "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz:

"Whatever life takes away from youl, let it go. When you surrender and let go of the past, you allow yourself to be fully alive in the moment. Letting go of the past means you can enjoy the dream that is happening right now"

"If you live in the past dream, you dont enjoy what is happening right now because you will always wish it it to be different that it is.....Not enjoying what is happening right now is living in the past and being only half alive. This leads to self-pity, suffering and tears"

"If others say one thing but do another, you are lying to yourself if you don't listen to their actions. But if you are truthful with yourself, you will save yourself a lot of emotional pain. Telling yourself the truth about it may hurt, but you don't need to be attached to the pain. Healing is on the way, and it's just a matter of time before things will be better for you"

Haha, love this quote Saw it in one of 22n32 posts...

I never get jealous when I see my ex with someone else, because my parents taught me to give my used toys to the less fortunate...

Haha ;-)

LOL. Oh my, it sounds bitter but so funny in a " * * * * * y" way 8-) Definitely one of the 4 that i have saved in my diary

Thanks for contributing your quotes, really nice ones!!

I found another one, I really like:

"The past is history. The future is a mystery. And the moment is a gift. That's why this moment is called the present. The present is a gift and we can change the here and now if we live in the moment. Many of us tend to live in the past, or else we fearfully project into the future. It's very difficult to live in the moment. Even so, it's so important to let go and stop ruminating about the future. Ninety percent of what we worry about never comes to pass anyway. But if you are living in the moment, the future will take care of itself. Focus on the processrather than the outcome. Sometimes what happens is different from what you've expected, but it's often better than what you could have imagined if you kept pushing and resisting the flow of life."

by Deepak Chopra from the book Seven Spiritual Laws of Success

I found this very inspiring and so true!!

Desiderata

-- written by Max Ehrmann in the 1920s --

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,

and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender,

be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly;

and listen to others,

even to the dull and the ignorant;

they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons;

they are vexatious to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others,

you may become vain or bitter,

for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;

it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs,

for the world is full of trickery.

But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;

many persons strive for high ideals,

and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection.

Neither be cynical about love,

for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment,

it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,

gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.

But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.

Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,

be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe

no less than the trees and the stars;

you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you,

no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,

whatever you conceive Him to be.

And whatever your labors and aspirations,

in the noisy confusion of life,

keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,

it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

• 1 month later...

Some more:

Saying sorry doesn't mean there isn't any guilt and forgiving doesn't mean the pain is gone.

I'll be caring enough to forgive you if you are decent enough to apologize and mean it.

Sure, saying sorry doesn't take anything back... but it's the firt step to forgiveness.

Saying sorry doesn't really change anything, to truly prove that you are, you have to show it with your heart.

After a while you learn the subtle difference

Between holding a hand and chaining a soul,

And you learn that love doesn’t mean leaning

And company doesn’t mean security.

And you begin to learn that kisses aren’t contracts

And presents aren’t promises

And you begin to accept your defeats

With your head up and your eyes open

With the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child.

And you learn to build all your roads on today

Because tomorrow’s ground is too uncertain for plans

And futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight.

After a while you learn…

That even sunshine burns if you get too much.

So you plant your garden and decorate your own soul,

Instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.

And you learn that you really can endure…

That you really are strong

And you really do have worth…

And you learn and learn…

With every good-bye you learn.

There are people who can walk away from you. And hear me when I tell you this! When people can walk away from you: let them walk. I don't want you to try to talk another person into staying with you, loving you, calling you, caring about you, coming to see you, staying attached to you. I mean hang up the phone.

When people can walk away from you let them walk. Your destiny is never tied to anybody that left.

The bible said that, they came out from us that it might be made manifest that they were not for us. For had they been of us, no doubt they would have continued with us. [1 John 2:19]

People leave you because they are not joined to you. And if they are not joined to you, you can't make them stay. Let them go.

And it doesn't mean that they are a bad person it just means that their part in the story is over. And you've got to know when people's part in your story is over so that you don't keep trying to raise the dead. You've got to know when it's dead.

People say that real, mature love is learning to let go and not being afraid of losing that person. Sure, you'll probably meet a lot of people like this, but the time will come when someone will just prove you wrong, and won't be like everyone else, who isn't afraid to lose you, and who'll really stay, no matter what.

Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

This song reminds me of how much time we spend thinking of particular situations and people and how we shouldn't because ultimately, they will end up wasted. And why should we waste our "golden" years? Read the first part, and then see the end. It ties up so nicely to relate to break-up. It might be a silly interpretation of this song but I think a lot of us can identify.

Too much time on my hands, I got you on my mind

Can't ease this pain so easily, when you can't find the words to say

It's hard to make it through another day

And it makes me wanna cry and throw my hands up to the sky

So understand don't waste your time

Always searching for those wasted years

Face up, make your stand

And realize you're living in the golden years

The first part just stands for what I'm going through (and probably many of you) right at this moment and with strength, I will make a transition to the second verse.

Don't waste your time and realize you're living in the golden years! Truer words have never been spoken

I never get jealous when I see my ex with someone else, because my parents taught me to give my used toys to the less fortunate...

That made my day. Thank you.

"I'm better than the ex, and better than the next."

That's true too.

"Tell everyone you know: "My happiness depends on me, so you're off the hook." And then demonstrate it. Be happy, no matter what they're doing. Practice feeling good, no matter what. And before you know it, you will not give anyone else responsibility for the way you feel -- and then, you'll love them all. Because the only reason you don't love them, is because you're using them as your excuse to not feel good."

-Abraham Hicks

• 2 months later...

The truest saying is that if you love someone let them go and if they come back they are yours, and if they don't then they never were.

It is a situation that will resolve itself and it requires zero input or influence on your part.

You'd want her to come back because she realizes she loves you and shouldn't have given up on you, not because you had to convince her or "win" her.

Most people in our love-addicted states of mind just can't understand this, we think we have to chase and pursue and get them back.

But the only way it can work out and have a true 2nd chance is for the person who left to come back on their own.

-from someone from another forum

A quote I got from Grey's Anatomy:

It's easier to be alone. Because what if you learn that you need love? And then you don't have it. What if you like it? And lean on it? What if you shape your life around it? And then it falls apart? Can you even survive that kind of pain? Losing love is like organ damage. It's like dying. The only difference is, death ends. This? It could go on forever .

• 1 month later...

This thread is old but thought it should make a come back

when people walk away from you, let them go. your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you, & it doesn't mean they are bad people, it just means that their part in your story is over.

I found this quote on someone's facebook recently and I am absolutely in love with it! I don't have any clue where it's from but its so perfect:

"I understand feeling as small and as insignificant as humanly possible. And how it can actually ache in places you didn't know you had inside you. And it doesn't matter how many new haircuts you get, or gyms you join, or how many glasses of chardonnay you drink with your girlfriends... you still go to bed every night going over every detail and wonder what you did wrong or how you could have misunderstood. And how in the hell for that brief moment you could think that you were that happy. And sometimes you can even convince yourself that he'll see the light and show up at your door. And after all that, however long all that may be, you'll go somewhere new. And you'll meet people who make you feel worthwhile again. And little pieces of your soul will finally come back. And all that fuzzy stuff, those years of your life that you wasted, that will eventually begin to fade."

This isn't a quote but a poem by Pablo Neruda that has helped me quite a bit:

I want you to know one thing.

You know how this is:

if I look at the crystal moon, at the red branch

of the slow autumn at my window,

if I touch near the fire the impalpable ash

or the wrinkled body of the log,

everything carries me to you,

as if everything that exists,

aromas, light, metals,

were little boats that sail toward those isles of yours that wait for me.

Well, now,

if little by little you stop loving me

I shall stop loving you little by little.

If suddenly you forget me

do not look for me, for I shall already have forgotten you.

If you think it long and mad, the wind of banners

that passes through my life, and you decide

to leave me at the shore of the heart where I have roots,

remember that on that day, at that hour,

I shall lift my arms and my roots will set off to seek another land.

But if each day,

each hour, you feel that you are destined for me

with implacable sweetness, if each day a flower

climbs up to your lips to seek me,

ah my love, ah my own,

in me all that fire is repeated,

in me nothing is extinguished or forgotten,

my love feeds on your love, beloved,

and as long as you live it will be in your arms

without leaving mine.

Archived