I've had ENOUGH ! Someone encourage me to go the police cuz I'm scared.

coolgirl

I've had ENOUGH abuse going on in my life up until this point. And now after 12 years of seeking professional counceling, getting 2 extra support on top of that. This moran I was speaking to for 4 months which I have not met in person only' talked on the phone a couple of times and texts sent me a threatening email. Which I have not spoken to in week and dont attend too anymore. Emotionally, and verbally abusing me. Threatening me that to stop texting him which I haven't been in a month. I have not spoken to the moran in a month. Last time I got abused I didnt go to the police and let it slide but this time enough is enough. This man assulted a family member, stayed in jail for 3-4 days I could care less if he spends more time in jail because I've had enough of getting pushed around for something I didnt do wrong. Someone please encourage me to go to the police because I cant seem to do it on my own. I've got enough issues of my own to be taking care of I'm not going to let one screwed up man that i've never met in my life to treat me this crappy. I'm furious !

Its hard to encourage you to go to the Police without knowing fully what happened. If you don't know this man and have never met him and it is just the one-off email then I would be inclined to let it go and just ignore it. Whatever the reason maybe for him sending the email he is no-one to you so try not to let his actions affect you. Vent your anger and frustration on here as it is so easy to react in anger and then regret our actions later. Ignoring him will have an affect on him too, you know. He is looking for a reaction, to know he has got to you. So ignore him, therefore making him aware that you couldn't care less what he says and have no intention of wasting any more of your precious time on him.

The police aren't even taking care of situations where people have been harassed to the degree that they've killed themselves, let alone a few random emails or texts from a stranger. Some things we have to deal with ourselves and blocking his number/email and ignoring him should do the trick. It sounds like you're looking to be more assertive in your life so take a little more control of things by doing what you can do on your own (tell him to stop contacting you, block him, etc.) before you involving a third party.

The police usually will not do anything until you get hurt. This is sad but true. BUT a family member has been assaulted, so you might could still do something. File for a PROTECTIVE ORDER. I cannot remember why they're better than restraining orders, but I worked in a women's shelter and they stressed to always advise women to get these--not restraining orders.

Here's information on the two:

link removed

I really don't think, given the fact that he's harassed your family members, that he will just "go away." This is a bad sign. You really need to be proactive on this.

Also don't just block him CHANGE YOUR NUMBER. CHANGE YOUR EMAIL. The whole shebang. It's a huge pain, but it will be worth it. If he knows your facebook, you need to go into your settings and privatize it/block him. (If you make your facebook private he can't find you through his friends' profiles.)

Did the guy send an actual threat to harm you? If so, you can report that. Then if he sends another one or does try to harm you, your complaint will be on file to support a case against him.

I've received email or messages from people weeks late. Something you sent a long time ago may have just hit his in-box and set him off. It's really not a good idea to go into heavy e-contact with someone you haven't met. Shoot straight for a fast meeting in public to scope one another out. This will spare you from building fantasies 'about' someone who may not be as imagined--and it will prevent you from creating false intimacy with perfect strangers.

In your corner.

BUT a family member has been assaulted, so you might could still do something.

I took it to mean that he had assaulted one of HIS own family members, though of course I could be wrong. If he had assaulted one of HER family members then that is a different matter entirely and should, of course, be reported.

I'm not sure what he's done - has he sent you one email? If so, I would just ignore it or ask him to stop and then if he contacted you again go to the police. You've never met him, have you?

No, I never met him at all. Like I said we just spoke on the phone a couple of times and txt a couple of times. And have not spoken to him in over a month. After a month I get this nasty email from him. This is his email. I didnt know any of this. Even if I did I wouldn't had talked to him in the first place. This is not only this 1 time. His x-girlfriend called me talking s..... to me stating that she is married to him as well. And been married for a long time. I wish that I had recorded the conversation but my phone feature does not have that. But do have his email that apologizing that this happened.

Awe. Poor baby. We have been together for7 yrs and married. Up never mattered. I was just bored. Donte ever texts me again or I will posts your crazy ass all over the place.. Your so * * * * ing nuts. Donte judge me * * * * * . U just think u know me. * * * * offf u * * * * ing ugly ass * * * * * . Rot in hell. Bye . Hope up get the hint this time dumassk.

Its hard to encourage you to go to the Police without knowing fully what happened. If you don't know this man and have never met him and it is just the one-off email then I would be inclined to let it go and just ignore it. Whatever the reason maybe for him sending the email he is no-one to you so try not to let his actions affect you. Vent your anger and frustration on here as it is so easy to react in anger and then regret our actions later. Ignoring him will have an affect on him too, you know. He is looking for a reaction, to know he has got to you. So ignore him, therefore making him aware that you couldn't care less what he says and have no intention of wasting any more of your precious time on him.

Yea, I understand what your saying like I said this is not his first time doing this. We met on POF started carrying conversations and phone calls and txts 4 months in our friendship all this drama has been going on with him and making problems. I have enough issues of my own. That i'm trying to take care of in therpy as well and my therpist does know about this. I wish it was that easy to let it go like I said this is not his first time. Like I was saying his x-gf called me talking crap to me that to stay away and that there married and have a kid together. I wish I could had recorded the conversation but my phone feature does not have that but do have his messages apologizing.

The police aren't even taking care of situations where people have been harassed to the degree that they've killed themselves, let alone a few random emails or texts from a stranger. Some things we have to deal with ourselves and blocking his number/email and ignoring him should do the trick. It sounds like you're looking to be more assertive in your life so take a little more control of things by doing what you can do on your own (tell him to stop contacting you, block him, etc.) before you involving a third party.

My phone feature does not have the option of blocking his number as far as blocking him I have done that but he has my number and I dont want to keep changing it.

He did not assualt my family member he did it to his own family not mine. This is some form of harassment. I told him to keep and stay away until I received this email from him last night. Yea, i did the blocking and everything else. He is well aware of the issues i'm having on my own, he knows that i'm attending therpy and like I said this is not this only 1 time. This is the 2nd time this is happening.

Did the guy send an actual threat to harm you? If so, you can report that. Then if he sends another one or does try to harm you, your complaint will be on file to support a case against him.

I've received email or messages from people weeks late. Something you sent a long time ago may have just hit his in-box and set him off. It's really not a good idea to go into heavy e-contact with someone you haven't met. Shoot straight for a fast meeting in public to scope one another out. This will spare you from building fantasies 'about' someone who may not be as imagined--and it will prevent you from creating false intimacy with perfect strangers.

In your corner.

I received a threat from his x-gf a month ago telling me to stay away and I dont usually like to involve myself in these type of situations and another one by him last night. He apologized the next day for the phone call I received from his ex but still continued to carry conversations with me when I told him I wasn't comfortable speaking to him when he has alot of drama going on.

I don't really think you have a case, if all you're going by is that e-mail. I wouldn't even call this abuse. It seems like he's wanting you to leave him alone, which is exactly what you should do. Being as you've never met him in person, that should be pretty easy to do. Forget about him and move on.

Archived