Weird to take picture on first date....

ny guy

And post the picture on facebook?

Background....

I met a really cool, pretty, and nice girl online. We had been chatting online, had some nice lenghty messages online, then we chatted on FB. She's big on posting pictures to FB, I knew this before hand.

So, we had a really great first meet. Grabbed a b ite to eat and then we were walking and chatting for awhile. At the end of the date, she took out her phone and was like, "lets take a picture, I'm gonna post it to FB." I thought it a bit weird for a first meet, but was like w/e at the moment.

Am I out of line to think this is a bit weird? First the picture, then the posting to FB.

Other than that, she seemed really cool. I'm not head over heels, but I definitely felt like I knew her already, and convo came really easy with us.

LOL Is she trying to get her ex to be mad? I would watch out.

Honestly, I don't think this is it. I've been involved in messy situations before, and she does seem genuine in her interest in me. It's not like she's just there on the date, we were having really good conversation. She's also not flaky at all and I've got no suspicion of this.

Then again, who knows! haha

She's big on posting pics on FB? I wouldn't worry then. If she's the sort who takes pictures of EVERYTHING and posts it, then this is probably within the norm for her.

I guess you're right. I'm just not used to it yet. For me, a picture together on FB is a 'big deal', guess that's the old fashioned part of it.

For me, part of me does feel bad b/c I know my ex will see it. I don't really have feelings for my ex other than wanting her to move on ok (it's been about 3 months since).

She sounds like a show-off. She posts everything on Facebook, so this would be no different. I have FB friends like that -- they have to let everyone know what they're up to.

Yes, this explains it better. I have a friend who tells people where she is and who she is with at all hours of the day. It's annoying and not very productive. Why must you let the whole world know what you are doing?! Everyone thinks that they are so important.

Yes, this explains it better. I have a friend who tells people where she is and who she is with at all hours of the day. It's annoying and not very productive. Why must you let the whole world know what you are doing?! Everyone thinks that they are so important.

I think they want to prove that they have a social life haha... Or they want it to seem like they are so happy and "living it up"

Oh well. Society. (isn't jaded at all)

hey some people are just picture happy!

When I am LDR from my boyfriend while at college, I like to take a picture of us at the end of each visit (I stay at his home for a week at time). Every. single. visit.

They don't go on FB though.

Yeah he thinks I'm a little weird but it's just me and he's accepted it by now. I like to have photos of us to look at.

Different. Some people like to have photos so OTHERS can look at them. I think that's weird, the whole 'broadcasting your life' thing. Whatever floats your boat, though.

Yeah, that's why I don't put them on FB, don't want others to see everything.

It's the same reason why people use twitter to post their poop habits, post a lot of FB pictures, etc....well, actually, there are different reasons...some do it because it makes them feel important, others do it to "document", others do it to "show off"...lots of reasons.

Hmmmm....I'm just wondering if I should say something. But seriously, she posts up pictures of a lot of stuff.

I like facebook, but this part of the whole facebook thing is ANNOYING!!!

I'd really laugh if she makes it her profile picture, o man that'd be hilarious. Time will tell....

O, one more small detail, she wrote in the caption "let the good times begin...."....Yikes!

Hmmmm....I'm just wondering if I should say something. But seriously, she posts up pictures of a lot of stuff.

I like facebook, but this part of the whole facebook thing is ANNOYING!!!

I'd really laugh if she makes it her profile picture, o man that'd be hilarious. Time will tell....

O, one more small detail, she wrote in the caption "let the good times begin...."....Yikes!

Ok correction, that was the name of the album that was created a long time ago....

i just don't know how to say it lol....i'm just glad i'm not the only one that thinks it's weird....haha

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, update on this......

I was speaking with her the other night. I was getting uncomfortable with the speed at which we were progressing (i can expand at when i have more time). I just found out that she got out of a relationship about two months ago, she said the other guy cheated on her.

Sooo...I wonder what if the pictures are a way to 'get back' at her former bf. I know this is a big accusation, but c'mon, it's a pretty easy conclusion to draw. I'd never accuse her of this outright, it's just the first thought that came to my mind.

After we both spoke about our ex's, I stressed to her that I'm one to take things slow, and for both of our sake, we should just progress slowly. Also, that i'm not one to just be in a relationship because of comfort.

In any event, on one hand, it makes sense for the pictures. She's also super involved on FB. I noticed my ex is as well, posting up A LOT more than she used to while we were together. Could it be an insecurity issue? Wanting to show the ex that you're 'moving on'? If that's the case I think that she's still got some moving on to do.

Anyhoo, just throwing this out there, just to get some input. I see this as a def red flag.

EDIT: Also, not that I'm becoming super suspicious, but I just can't see that someone who was cheated on or broken up with (who liked that person) could be ready for a healthy relationship so soon. I also don't want to be a 'rebound', which my situation totally fits the mold of.

Archived