Do you dream about other men/women?

bapbapbap

I was talking to my friend today and she was telling me about how she has all these intense dreams involving her and other men (shes in a longterm relationship)

She says that she has dreams like this regulary and couldnt believe that i dont have them. So is this normal to dream about being intimate with other men, i know that i would feel guilty and like im cheating in my sleep lol

This has got me thinking..do you dream about other men/women?

Yes, I have dreams that I'm being intimate with men...sometimes women. Usually it's not people I know though but sometimes it is.

My boyfriend tells he doesn't dream that often but on occasion, he'll dream about seeing his first love again. She was 18 years older than him. She has long passed away and he has long since dated, married, divorced, and dated again since then. I know he's over her but that was a powerful memory for him so yeah I can see why he dreams about it once in a while.

Doesn't bug me. It's fairly normal.

Oh, sure.

People I know, celebrities, people my imagination creates...they all show up in my dreams from time to time....sometimes intense, sometimes mildly odd, sometimes sexual, sometimes funny, sometimes totally benign & boring. Your brain does what it needs to do while you sleep. Not like you have any control over it, really.

I once had a dream that I was having dinner with Hilary Clinton. We both ordered shrimp.

Another time, Kenny Rogers was chasing me with a pile of burning papers. Dunno what the heck that was about. Woke up a little freaked out, but had a good chuckle afterwards.

A long-ago love interest....probably one of my first reciprocal junior high crushes/high school romances....still shows up in my dreams from time to time. He's been in my brain's wiring for, oh, 30+ years now. I don't think he's leaving anytime soon. But it's ok...I kinda like that he's still in there (even though I'm in a good marriage).

Does it all MEAN anything?

Probably not. I suppose if I decided that it DID mean something, I could concoct some reason for concern....but since I figure it's just my brain's wiring doing its nightly reboot, it doesn't concern me at all.

oh yeah i can understand celebrity dreams etc.But its the dreaming of a neighbour or the likes, surley if you were having frequent dreams about sleeping with a person that you know..would that not mean that its like something you really want to happen?

Maybe, maybe not.

We can think about (or even dream about) things we'd never in a million years ACTUALLY do.

And it's a darn good thing too, else I'd probably be serving several life terms for murder.

The unconscious part of our brain is actually where our dreams particularly come from. The unconscious part of our brain is where all the thoughts,feelings that we perceive as inappropriate reside. So interestingly we try to forget about perhaps sexual desires because we know in most cases it is inappropriate at times to think about those desires especially when in certain situations.

If you think about sex all them time obviously you get that connection and your brain in 3 particular areas - conscious - you are aware of your thoughts,preconscious- you're not aware straight away but it can be easily accessed and your unconscious- you're not aware straight away and it can't easily be accessed work together.

They say our dreams are where our dumped info of what we don't want to think about comes up all because of our unconscious mind.

Archived