I'm a guy....question is about my best friend....his birthday.

ny guy

Ok, so here's the situation.

I was planning on making 2nd date plans with a girl I'm trying to date this Friday.

This Friday is also my best friends birthday. They made plans to celebrate his birthday next Friday in NYC.

Also, he wanted to try to get a couple people together for this coming Friday, which is the same day I wanted to take this girl out. Also, this girl is friends with the same circle of friends, so if a couple people are coming out this friday, this girl would more than likely feel comfortable.

I really wanted to do something one on one with this girl again, but am I being a DB by wanting this? It probably wouldn't be a big deal doing something together with everyone anyway though.....

So....what would you do? Tell my best friend i'm taking the girl out, and we'll celebrate his bday next week? Or just do a group thing this Friday, and avert being a potential jerk to my best friend.

Originally I was leaning towards taking only the girl out, but now it's starting to make more sense to do something together.....but i really wanna take this girl out!!

Here's the thing....she works on the weekends mostly, sat night and sunday usually. First date we had was prior to last sunday. We're pretty much on opposite work schedules, I work during the days/week, and her main working day is nights during most of the week and saturday and sunday night.

Also, Friday night, we'd be meeting a bit later because I have dinner with my family on Friday nights, b/c it's the only day of the week we get everyone together. I'm thinking I might just go with the group thing, b/c I haven't gotten real warm signals from her anyway. She doesn't really contact me at all, so her interest has to be half-hearted at best.

Plus, if she ditched me Friday night, I'd really look like an ass going out with them after, like it was my Plan B.

Yea you are totally right...this probably shouldn't have even been a question.

I called my buddy and apolagized for it even being a question in the first place. We're making plans for Friday night. Should be a good time.

I did the right thing.

Thanks guys!

Archived