On a scale of 1-10. What's your likelihood of reconciliation?

Eddie37

I thought of this last night as I was trying wrap my head around my chances of reconciling and getting my ex back. I found that it helped a little to quantify my chances so that I can logically grasp the reality of the situation.

A "1" being absolutely zero chance in hell that you'll ever get back together and a "10" being a 100% chance of getting back together.

For me, I came up with a 2.5. So...it's not likely that I'll ever be with her again.

What about you?

It's funny - I do the same thing. In my head, I always keep the number 15% chance... which on your scale would probably be somewhere between 2 and 2.5. So yeah, close to nonexistent.

Amusing, because we totally made out last week after not seeing each other for two months. Oops. Back to No Contact. I'm thinking 'til October at the earliest, with potentially avoiding all contact until February - so it'll mark a year from when we've broken up. By then, I'm sure I'll be over it.

Hmm.

I would say, a 5 out of 10. 50% chance it might work, 50% it might not work. I saw a lot of potential, and we had a very amicable break up, and I have went NC immediately, so... I guess there's some hope.

Remember not to get too caught up in this. Live your lives and reach for the stars, even if it's hard right now...

Probably a 5. We broke up because neither of us have been single since we were 16, never been single in university, we're LD since we go to different unis and so always had to choose between friends or each other, and he doesn't know if I'm the one for him since we're also each other's first relationship and have never dated anybody else so he's scared that he'll end up regretting it if we got married.

All in all, we ended on good terms and want to stay friends. Our breakup was due to more of us being young and inexperienced still than incompatibility/loss of feelings etc.

0 or -1.

I don't want to keep the hope alive at all.

This is the smart thing to do.

Assume you will never get back together so you don't dwell on it. Plan you life without them and move on even if the chances are a "9".

If they come back later then deal with it then. If feels so much better when you finally just give up trying and throw in the towel. That's when things start to turn around for you.

I got to the point after the breakup where everyone needs to be and that is 0 chance. That allowed me to go NC, move on, heal and get myself back. I stayed NC for 3 months until about 7 weeks ago. We talked and have been hanging out and datiing again. The chances are about an 8 now that we will get back together in a committed relationship.

With that said it is not the old relationship, that is dead and gone. We have both changed a lot and are starting over.

I got to the point after the breakup where everyone needs to be and that is 0 chance. That allowed me to go NC, move on, heal and get myself back. I stayed NC for 3 months until about 7 weeks ago. We talked and have been hanging out and datiing again. The chances are about an 8 now that we will get back together in a committed relationship.

With that said it is not the old relationship, that is dead and gone. We have both changed a lot and are starting over.

That's cool, man. I like hearing that people took their time apart, made changes in themselves and found their way back to each other. I wish you the best.

1.5 year long relationship she broke up with me because of lack of attention.

We've been apart 3 months now but dates for the past month. It was nice and I showed her a lot of love and she kept commenting on how I was acting so sweet then boom! She needs space. I'm giving her one month (waiting 4 months is enough). So bases on our month long dating I'd say our chances are at 5.

After a month of NC I'll know for sure. She knows where I stand and at this point in just respecting her wishes for space.

One thing though, since we've been apart she's been going out partying, flirting with guys etc and that may drop the 5 to 0 with the quickness.

Day 2 NC. If she doesn't reach out to me by day 30 I'm not even going to bother calling her up.

I'd say that it's a shot in the dark, and no one can sincerely predict the outcome.

I agree. I think people need to assume that when they break up with a partner it is broken forever. That doesn't necessarily mean it is broken forever but it is best not to dwell on maybes and what ifs. People have reconciled months and even many years down the line...and those people I am sure thought it was over for good. Nobody has a crystal ball to know what the future holds...you can only go by what is happening in the present and conduct yourself according to what is happening in the present rather than what may or may not happen in the future.

I wouldn't reconcile if you paid me.

Lol - this made me titter.

I'd say about a 1 now. Found out stuff about him that makes me change my opinion of him so really not keen on the idea. But because I never say never, I will say 1. None of my future plans even have ROOM for him though as I haven't dwelled on the idea of him returning. Easier this way. Life is becoming awesome without him

-100 chance (are imaginary numbers allowed because it would have to be in order for me to rate, lolz)

Hell has a greater chance of freezing over. I would have to have a brain transplant as to not remember the nut job if I would even consider getting back together and there's not such a thing!

I would rather play a game of russian roulette....yeah, it was THAT bad

I would select around 4.5

I see no point though because any reconciliation of sorts would not last. I have too many issues with my ex girlfriend that I cant get past. Also the fact that any chance of us getting back together would only be because she wanted it makes me not want it to happen. However having received contact from her some time after we split I know she is open to/interested in being with me again on some level.

Even though my heart would want it to happen, my head knows it would be madness. Hence the score.

Yeah. I hope people don't give a knee jerk answer. Really think about it. What are the chances?

I hear what you are saying. Its best to be truly honest with yourself.

I think circumstance plays a big part in it. Right now Id say 0.5, I see no chance or opportunity to even see her again.

BUT my original answer was considering circumstances were right that brought us together somehow. Its tricky....

Best to focus on myself I believe.

I'd put it at a 1.

We had amazing compatibility in many areas, and where there were problems, they were fixable. But she went and set up a network of new friends to catch her when she jumped, and then she jumped. This hurt like hell. So on top of the "normal" damage that would need to be repaired by a breakup, we would have to deal with the fact that although I was fully in the relationship, she had been making exit plans. Devastating.

Maybe 1 is even optimistic.

Archived