about to break my NC

manhood

Seriously I'm about to get out of NC right now....

My ex gf who broke up with me last january, and has a new bf almost since we broke up... so I guess he is a rebound guy.. So I thougt let them be together, my time will come.

So I've been in NC with her for a while now.

When we were together I made this beautyfull picture of her when she visited my place, and sended it to her computer, so she could place it on her hyves (somekind of facebook), nothing wrong with that.

When we broke up I asked her to remove the picture, because it was a personal thing with emotional strings attouched. She didn't do that, she said that picture was on the site before we broke up.

A friend of mine who sometimes is on hyves saw that same picture on her new boyfriends hyve today. So I'm not at all pleased with this... I'm even thinking of sending her a text message to let him remove the picture or we never gonna be friends again.

Pffff I'm so angry right now... I really want that picture of his hyves

Hold on a minute. You guys broke up last January, which means it's been over a year she has a new BF and you have no right what so ever to request anything from anyone.

I understand it's hurting you and I realize it's a personal thing, it's has sentimental value, but you gave it to her and she has every right to give it to anyone after that even if it means a new boyfriend.

I get what you're saying, but you really have no right.

ha! you go!

It might be difficult, you may have to accept that it will stay there. However, if you're going to approach her, make sure you're polite and calm about it. If you're not, it may worsen the situation and may add fuel to her fire. Don't contact her until you are cool, calm and collected

I understand how mad you must feel but think of it this way ... if you gave her an ultimatum like that, what do you think she will choose? Your communication with her will be negative because of the way you are feeling right now so her reaction will match that. Any contact you have with your ex in your current state of mind will not have the desired affect on her that you imagine and you will probably not get the response you want. You could end up feeling worse. Give yourself time to calm down before making any hasty decisions about contacting her ... but if I were you I would try to let it go.

Can I ask why she broke up with you anyway? It seems like nothing has changed and you're not giving her the right to be happy... controlling doesn't work.

Block her from the social network, and leave her be. Unless you have grown some and wish to approach her with an open mind, you'll never have success in reconnecting at all.... and to be honest, it sounds creepy.

thanks for the replies

ehm petite january till march is only 2 months

I will think about it a couple of days before I take any moves.

Officially i'm the owner of the picture (author), and yes I gave it to her once but asked her to delete it when we broke up which she didn't. And I did not give her permission to give the picture to that guy, or too let that dude copy the picture of her hyves.

Since I'm the owner of the picture he is violating the rules of the hyves community, so if I want I can force him to remove the picture.. Yeah I know this sounds childish but hey they don't care about my feelings either do they? Why don't they make pictures thereselves?

I lost the hope in getting her back last time I spoke to her, in the conversation she said she is going on vacation with this dude along with some friends this july. So the chance she is coming back is very little anyways.

Well as said I will think about it a couple of hours/days before making a move cause I'm still somewhat pissed as you may have noticed

You said last January, which means last year. "This past January" would mean this year there is obviously a confusion here.

You gave it to her, she didn't steal it, is not trying to sell it and legally you hold no copyrights to the picture. She didn't go on a website where you had a copyright disclaimer.

You can't force him to do anything. Your ego is bruised and that is the reason you want him to take it off. I know, I get it. I would be hurt to see a girl my ex is with wear sunglasses or something i got him, because I gave it to him not her. However, that's the whole point. GIVING. Not stealing.

You can't be with someone and give them things, then later say "I want it back", or " You can't do a.b.c with this item".

If you give something to someone, regardless of if you made it or paid for it, it counts as a gift and is no longer your possession.

You gave this picture to her and it is now hers to do what she wants with.

Technically it's yours but it's a fairly pointless reason to break NC and is likely she'll think you are being ridiculous and petty and ignore you.

Also, this is in 'Getting Back Together'? If she's with a new guy she's moved on from the sounds of it, and you should start trying to as well. You can tell yourself it's a rebound as much as you like, but she's off-limits.

You're only going to make the matter worse. Seriously. You should just leave it alone. When you give someone something it becomes their property to do with as they wish, even if you don't approve. If you dictate what's done with it, it's not a gift. You're just letting them borrow it. I do understand how you feel and I'd be a little peeved myself but you GAVE it to her. If you gave her money, you couldn't tell her how to spend it and if she didn't spend it that way, take it back.

I hate to say it but...Grow up sweetie.

Well yeah my ego is bruised indeed, first she broke up with me, then she has another guy and then he steals the picture or she give it to him after I asked her to remove it a couple of weeks ago.

It's very funny to see that he claims its his picture, while she is sitting on my couch at my place (while he wasn't in the picture yet).

And since I'm the owner of the image, so I have the copyrights You can find various things about this on the web link removed, thats why you can't use photographs from all over the internet So basically I'm in my right and can force him to take it off.

If i'm going that far I dunno yet, it depends how I'm feeling the next days. And if I saw a picture of her which was made by himself it was fine, still difficult to see but okay.

And for me personally it has a lot to do with respect.. If I would have a new gf I wouldn't give away a picture she made at her place if she would not like that.

Sorry about the 'last year' thing, english isn't my native language as you probally have noticed

She obviously gave him that picture for whatever reason, maybe even to get you all worked up or maybe he truly liked it.

Legally, what you're saying wouldn't hold water unless the judge was a complete moron & unless the state law actually was such!

As stated before, you don't own a copyright to the picture because you actually GAVE IT AWAY to her.

I suggest you read and re-read that paragraph on "Digital Manipulation".

There is no contract, nothing binding you and her to that picture where it states that she can not give this picture to anyone, and there lays your problem. You gave it to her, but didn't seal your copyrights to this picture.

Sure, you can send an email to the administrators and say he is abusing their rights, they can remove his profile or ask him to remove the picture but that is as far as it goes, you hold no REAL legal right to it.

I have to look up if I'm legally in my right, perhaps it's different in my country.

And most likely I won't go telling the administrators about this, cause it will push her only further away if she would find out.

She knows I wouldn't like it when I find out about the picture theft (in my eyes it's theft lol), so why does she do it? During our conversations we had in the past, after our break up, she made me jealous in every single conversation we had by telling me she liked to hang out with guys and visit them over and that kind of stuff. I really don't understand her... during our relationship we never had any argue.

She told me that she wanted to remain friends when we split up, and I do want her back cause she was really very nice during our relationship, but Im having even doubts about our 'friendship' when things like this happen.

Archived