After 3 months, we get really close she become distant???

AlwayzRight

The usual....although we both like to go out to thebars once in awhile.

Nothing too special or unique.

I think you can have that with someone else. No need to hang on to someone who just might leave you completely after a few years and break your heart in the long run.

Nothing too special or unique.

I think you can have that with someone else. No need to hang on to someone who just might leave you completely after a few years and break your heart in the long run.

well, I am pretty picky with woman and this is the first girl that I have met in a long time that I actually liked......and I thought liked me as well.

well, I am pretty picky with woman and this is the first girl that I have met in a long time that I actually liked......and I thought liked me as well.

I hope one of the things that you are picky about is being with someone who is mature, because that would cut her out very quickly.

Wow, I do not know where I find them or why I am so damn stupid to actually think some girl likes me to the point where I actually start to like them. I guess I just don't meet alot of woman who actually seem interested in me and when I do I keep my distance, but for some reason after they seem like a genuine good person and I am actually interested in them, I let them into my world and get CRAPPED on.

Yep......basically sent a " Hey how is your week going" text Thursday and something similar late Sunday night when I was drunk. I did not get a response from either text...Wow and I thought I had finally met a decent chick....I honestly do not think I ever will.

Wow, I do not know where I find them or why I am so damn stupid to actually think some girl likes me to the point where I actually start to like them. I guess I just don't meet alot of woman who actually seem interested in me and when I do I keep my distance, but for some reason after they seem like a genuine good person and I am actually interested in them, I let them into my world and get CRAPPED on.

Yep......basically sent a " Hey how is your week going" text Thursday and something similar late Sunday night when I was drunk. I did not get a response from either text...Wow and I thought I had finally met a decent chick....I honestly do not think I ever will.

Dating is a numbers game. The more girls you meet, the more likely you are to meet someone who is actually good for you. If you don't meet a lot of girls, then you wind up putting some girl who isn't worth it up on a pedestal. If you do meet a lot of girls, then you realize that they are people just like you, and when this one is gone another one will come along.

Move on....

Dating is a numbers game. The more girls you meet, the more likely you are to meet someone who is actually good for you. If you don't meet a lot of girls, then you wind up putting some girl who isn't worth it up on a pedestal. If you do meet a lot of girls, then you realize that they are people just like you, and when this one is gone another one will come along.

Move on....

Very true, I need to meet more...my job that I hate but stuck with ,because of the financial prison that I have put myself in kind of prevents me from meeting more....The thing is I do not think I was puting her up on a pedestal at all, I actually started to like her and it was the first girl in over a year and a half since my ex left me that I was actually kind of interested in. When I first met her I didnt think I was going to really like her and was even considering letting her go after the first month but the more I got to know her I was sucked in. I do not know if it is even worth it trying to get to know someone again. I do not know why I even consider opening up to people anymore.

Very true, I need to meet more...my job that I hate but stuck with ,because of the financial prison that I have put myself in kind of prevents me from meeting more....The thing is I do not think I was puting her up on a pedestal at all, I actually started to like her and it was the first girl in over a year and a half since my ex left me that I was actually kind of interested in. When I first met her I didnt think I was going to really like her and was even considering letting her go but the more I got to know her I was sucked in.....I do not know why I even consider opening up to people anymore.

I've been there..... keep your head up.

I think I mentioned earlier in the thread. Last two girlfriends it was a matter of weeks and we were 100% together. Then, in the last couple months I dated someone for about 2 months and it was always a question mark. But not all girls are going to be like that.

Out of curiosity, how old are you? I'm 29, but I've learned a lot over the years.

You have to know the right time to walk away from a girl when she starts giving you mixed signals. Unfortunately most of the time it is not about being persistent. If you walk away at the right time you greatly increase the chances she comes back to you. She sees that you like her and put in the effort but that you respect yourself. She probably starts to wonder if you are seeing other women and gets a little jealous. If you do it too late, you probably scared her away and she probably doesn't respect you anymore (i.e. your 2 texts this weekend). If you do it to early then you are just a jerk and she might just think you never liked her.

I need some opnions preferably from all the ladies here at ENA....If you read this whole thread, do you think i should completely give up on this girl????? Have any of you had any situation similar? I was thinking about waiting a week and if I have not heard a word from her I was going to give her a call just to say hi....I do not want to be "that guy"...but darnit I do not want to give up on this girl!!!! Although I know I should. I also do not want to smother or be a person who doesnt get the clue...After reading this whole thread what do you think???????? Is this a lost cause?

Hon, I don't doubt that you are a good person. But it's pretty clear in your posts that you are very emotionally distant (you say you keep your distance), which might make it hard for a good woman to open up with you. AND it's also clear that this girl you picked did nothing to show that she was a genuine person. We could telegraph the 'getting crapped on' from a mile away.

You have to make better choices about who you are going to be with.

Yes, there is nothing there. After 3 months, someone tells you they are happy "being single" and tells you they are busy every time you ask them out, it's time to let go.

I have not asked her out since she told me this. The only thing I did do was ask her if she would like to hang out again sometime after her little girl text game and she said that she didnt know when because she has to work the next couple weekends. I havent even spoken to her after she let me know that she is happy being single. This was all by text.

Your not being genuine when you want to just hang out as friends you still have feelings for her and she can see straight through you. It can also be awkward when you hang out with someone who likes you more than a friend and they don't feel the same.

She probably doesnt want to feel bad, awkward or hurt you any more. She has been fairly straight with you and put everything out on her plate, you know where she stands so stop over analysing it now, its harsh but its over.

Only option now is No Contact, sort yourself out and maybe she will miss you.

GIVE UP!!! Move on and forget this girl, she is bad news...

She will get back in contact with you down the road when she realizes you are gone and not there anymore...

When she does this do yourself a favor and tell her to leave you alone as she is bad for you...

Sorry this happens to yuo. I know because it happens to me also. I seem to meet all the flakes, head cases, and plain messed up ones...

You don't see it at first but they show it and when they do run and run fast...

I have not asked her out since she told me this. The only thing I did do was ask her if she would like to hang out again sometime after her little girl text game and she said that she didnt know when because she has to work the next couple weekends. I havent even spoken to her after she let me know that she is happy being single. This was all by text.

Don't torture yourself by being around her or having contact with her...

You really don't want to hurt yourself do you???

She's giving you the obvious signals that she's not interested (right now). That could very well change, but something has changed in her life at the moment. Maybe she's having second thoughts, or what ever. You can't know, all you can do is keep your dignity and stop contacting her. She knows you like her, and if she comes back and shows interest then reciprocate, but for crying out loud don't let her think she can just walk back and forth into your life at her leisure. She'll lose respect for you so fast.

Leave her be. Go on with your life, if she misses you she'll let you know. If not, then well you have your answer. YOU didn't do ANYTHING wrong. Either did she. We're human, our minds change and our feelings change and you can't CHANGE that. You just need to accept what is real. Go do your own thing for a while and don't let your mind get consumed with her world. The more poking and prodding you do now will ONLY ruin any chance of something in the future. You give her space, and you show that your life doesn't revolve around her and you can get a long just fine without her - that's interesting. That show confidence. That's attractive.

• 7 years later...

Archived